• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Picture Competition

Started by Masochist, March 26, 2007, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pilotdaryl

Prevention? ;D
Q-tips: 8
Nerdly_dood: 1

ky72x

That's some excellent editing nerdly_dood, but I'm going to have to stick with Q-Tips.  His shot just looks so amazing, and it's something different than most of the pictures entered here.

Q-Tips - 9

Nerdly_dood - 1

threestooges

I will finish this round off with a vote for Q-Tips. I like the crash scene (something that you don't often see). Nerdly_dood's pic could probably use a bit more focus to it. As noted, it is a bit generic, which isn't bad, and can have its place, but it just doesn't jump out in this way. Congratulations on the HoF entry Q-Tips. Two more challengers are needed if I've tracked the rounds right.
10-1

mightygoose

"New Place, Same Location"

thanks
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Diggis

I'm not sure if I've used this or not but I'll take a crack.

Diggis:

Quote from: mightygoose on June 01, 2008, 11:05:12 PM

Vs
Mightygoose

"New Place, Same Location"

thanks

Edit: Looks like a new page

threestooges

I love the Falling Water BAT and the trees really work well with it. Although they are barley noticeable, the grid is on and the menu button is just barely visible though. Mightygoose's pic is a nice composition. Good use of the flora and prop selections. The title helps explain the photoshopping and adds to the pic. Oddly though, I see no workers, though perhaps they are inside already; and that little menu button is there too. Both are good pics, but this round my vote goes to Mightygoose.
1-0

stewart_garden

I like Diggis' autumn picture:

Diggis 1 - 1 Mightygoose
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

etherian

Q-Tips image is a worthy addition to the HoF, congratulations!

Fallingwater is an incredibly aesthetic pleasing building, in and out of game, surrounding it with the colours of autumn really tops it off. As is often the case in this competition, attention to detail is rather important - while Diggis' picture score well on composition and overall look, as threestooges eagle eye points out, there are some things that should probably have been corrected beforehand.

With mightygoose's entry, the architecture on display is gritty and full of concrete and metal. It uses a restrained palette to create an easily identifiable tone, however, the major weakness of this picture is the composition. I find it hard to focus on anything in particular partly due to the zoom level and partly due to how it has been cropped. But I think the winning point of this image is the sheer tenacity of detailing everything and anything, right down to the shrubs that hide the edges of the farm

On these points, my vote goes to mightygoose.

mightygoose 2
Diggis 1

mightygoose in front by 1 vote

Fantastic thoughts on the pics, I can't wait to see one of your pics in the contest, Robin  :thumbsup:
Typographia - Type as Cities" border="0

Types as Cities | Now Showing: Lucida

cameron1991

Its a very tough choice, but I'm going to choose Mightygoose because I really like the photoshopping in his picture
3-1 to Mightygoose

Ennedi

Wow guys, both of you raised the bar in this round!  :thumbsup:

Threestoges and etherian mentioned all positive and negative points yet - it's really good that some people want to spend a while to analyse a picture. It's a great help for others too!

I like the Fallingwater very much - both real and SC4 versions. The Fallingwater BAT has something worth to show - a little fall on the stream (but it needs some terraforming to show it properly). Diggis, if you would show it (and turn out this grid  :)) you would get my vote immediately!

Mightygoose: I like this picture, although it's a bit sad  :) For me this is an example of a reasonable use Photoshop techniques, it really adds a lot to the original! Very good terrain arrangement - grass, dirt roads, stones, hidden fields edges :thumbsup:

It seems my opinion is extremely subjective this time  :D but anyway

Mightygoose 4
Diggis 1
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

un1

I think that mightygoose did an great job so here we are:

mightygoose: 5
Diggis: 1

EDGE4194

mightygoose   :thumbsup:

mightygoose: 6
Diggis: 1

Kitsune

~ NAM Team Member

bat

I also vote for mightygoose's picture:

8 - mightygoose
1 - Diggis

MandelSoft

Thanks for criticising the picture I posted a few pages ago. But to go on topic again, I vote for mightygoose.

Mightygoose - 9
Diggis - 1
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

vester

My vote goes to Diggis

9-2 in Mightygoose's favour

rooker1

Both pics are super.
I really like Diggis' pic but the grid ruins it for me.  The house looks great, BTW and you have posted this one before, I believe.  A very long time ago.
Mightygoose's pic is great and I love the use of the grass.

So with that said I'm going to end this one and vote for Mightygoose.

10 - Mightygoose
2 - Diggis

&apls &apls to both pics.

Who is going to take on this great pic?

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

warszawa

I'll try once again :)

My pic of the 'Forest's End' by warszawa.

VS.

"New Place, Same Location" by mightygoose.

Good luck 2 us, Alex :thumbsup:
Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

mightygoose

thanks diggis for the challenge, you deserved more votes than that....

now it seems we have very much a duel, similiar photoshopping, similiar subject....

edit- incidentally the post i used to put up this image initially against paroch was my millenium post.... my 1000th on this site, wooo hopefully that will bring me some luck :P
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Kitsune

I think I've been researching way way too much lately because warszawa trees remind me of "pictures" I've seen of the Carboniferous period, even though there quite modern!

However, the Goose's picture is great, its the kinda picture I would never challenge as I would surely get squished like an insect (but not a Carboniferous insect!) Also, it gets my vote again.

So 1-0 for the Goose.
~ NAM Team Member