• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Picture Competition

Started by Masochist, March 26, 2007, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

If I am not mistaken, Silur won 4 to 3 after the 24 hours went by.  Noah's vote was cast after 24 hours passed, breaking the tie and allowing Silur to win.

which means we need a new challenger for Silur's picture.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

As long you don't post another picture immediately after losing/winning, it's fine.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

korver

vs

Silur

Props & Texture Catalog

vinlabsc3k

My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Tyberius06

Hard to choose, because Korver's picture is amazing like his others as usually, but I don't really like photo editing, and Silur's picture much more fit for me as an in game picture.

Korver - 1
Silur - 1

(By the way I would like to see some original raw, unedited picture from Korver, like some kind of before/after.)
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

ramrec

mgb204

Korver - 2
Silur - 2

Have to agree with Tyberius06... Don't get me wrong, the image of Sydney Harbour is absolutely Stunning. I just sit there trying to work out which parts are actually from SC4 and which parts are PS magic. I too would love to see a comparison showing the before/after, it would give us mortals an interesting insight into just how far you've managed to push the game.

_Michael

Korver - 2
Silur - 3

Totally agree with MGB and Tyberius. Would love to see a before and after. I also prefer mainly function things, and I get the feeling that a lot of 'Sydney' is not functional...

belfastsocrates

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

I think you are strict with Korver. This is a competition for the most beautiful image SC4. It is he who has the most beautiful image that should win, not the one who seems the least photoshop. Each in his conception of beauty, I respect

I find myself that photoshop is very deep, but I really like, you know SC4 use as you wish. There is just the highway I do not like (it seems too hunchback).

Korver - 3
Silur - 4

mgb204

Quote from: Akallan on October 20, 2016, 09:13:27 AM
This is a competition for the most beautiful image SC4. It is he who has the most beautiful image that should win, not the one who seems the least photoshop.

Ah, but therein lies the problem. You see, how much of that image is actually SC4? I don't want to pick it apart, but I know for a fact the motorway isn't, neither is the bridge, probably not the Opera house either.

For me, I don't mind the use of PS for after effects, but the image itself should be possible within SC4 otherwise it's no longer an image from SC4. Of course this is simply my opinion and the last thing I'd want to do here is come off as knocking the work of Korver, who's creations are mind-blowing.

belfastsocrates

The Opera House itself is real, it's a great BAT. the boat docks off to the side of it are not.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

APSMS

The post is hidden currently at ST (I think they are doing catch up with the vote tallying), but apparently the highway/bridge pieces are in-game assets as well, though I don't think they are functional.

So I am continually surprised as the actual amount of game-playing that korver has to do in addition to his photoshop magic to make the pictures come out the way they do.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Quote from: mgb204 on October 20, 2016, 01:03:25 PM
Ah, but therein lies the problem. You see, how much of that image is actually SC4? I don't want to pick it apart, but I know for a fact the motorway isn't, neither is the bridge, probably not the Opera house either.

For me, I don't mind the use of PS for after effects, but the image itself should be possible within SC4 otherwise it's no longer an image from SC4. Of course this is simply my opinion and the last thing I'd want to do here is come off as knocking the work of Korver, who's creations are mind-blowing.

The image is partially photoshop, it's true. But it is impossible to create this scene without skills in the game SimCity 4. Korver mastering the skills in the game, and the modding programs (LE, Reader, etc ...). It is not impossible to create non-functional lots highways, same for the bridge.

Photoshop here, are the shadows, water, and can be the highway (partially), but are everything. It's not huge in comparison with all the work done on this image. :)

But I understand very well your point of view, the best way to judge is to see a before / after. As the proposal Tyberius06.

noahclem

Korver - 4
Silur - 4

I don't consider myself an expert in this area but I've always thought it's up to the voter to decide to what degree image processing or technical achievement in the game makes a picture the best one. "Best picture" will always be a pretty subjective thing.

noahclem

I can understand why you would be frustrated by some of the recent discussion but I don't think anyone is posting with anything but good intent. Honestly, it's one of the best compliments you could get: your scene was so incredible that no one thought it could be real.

art128

Silur won the round anyway.

Last legal vote before the 24 hours ran out was Akallan's. Noah's vote came after midnight and is therefore not counted in.

We need a new picture to compete Silur's.

Props & Texture Catalog

_Michael

I think I'm allowed to go, since my last round was against Akallan. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Schwyz

noahclem

silur - 0
michae95l - 1

Love both pics  &apls

belfastsocrates