• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Seraf's Atelier

Started by seraf, June 08, 2009, 04:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zurrabear

Seraf, just want to say how much I like your work.  I'm very late to the thread but have been using your Kew Gardens and NY Supreme Court for some time now and really like them both.  I look forward to the completion of the Bethesda Fountain!

seraf

Ok, update after long time. In fact I'm working on exposition in my city and I have no time for other projects lately. I uploaded some announcement of the exposition buildings ;)

Big render, I don't want to break the page proportions ;)

and beautiful unfinished gazebo which I started long time ago:

io_bg

Wow, this is stunning! &apls &apls
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

thingfishs

some gorgeous work there seraf &apls

I am very excited by the rotunda base I see there. ;D If I'm not mistaken that's the one from Adelaide, great to see it's in the works. :thumbsup:
So have you been able to find suitable images? I pass this rotunda all the time so if you want I can get any photos you need.

CabraBuitre

Awesome!  Would it be possible to do the fountain apart from the plaza too?  It'd be really good as a stand alone.

Can't wait to see more!

Check out Abelfarei!

Girafe

Seraf your work is amazing   &apls &apls &apls

you pay so attention to little details  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Ehanson

A wonderfully detailed BAT.  &apls This looks inspired by buildings from the White City at the 1893 Columbian Exposition in Chicago.

BTW, is there any progress on Bethesda Fountain?

seraf

io_bg - Thanks.

thingfishs - Yes, I found some shots and I think they're sufficient to make the model :) Thank you for your offer ^^

CabraBuitre - Of course, if there is demand for stand-alone fountain, I will upload it :)

Girafe - Thank you :)

Ehanson - Correct :D Some buildings on my exposition are the buildings from Columbian Exposition :) Bethesda Terrace is close to finish but I have much work with exposition buildings in last time.

And some new shots:

(HD render, in game it will be SD)

starfinder9659

wow this is really good work seraf  &apls &apls &apls

Aaron Graham

WOW!!! you are a hero. you work is breath taking. I have to say you have a great, great, great, great, gift. Work like this need to be put in a museum. &apls  :thumbsup:
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Girafe

It's really an amazing work  &apls &apls

what a pity that you have decided to not export in HD with the quality of details you bring in your BATs. Anyway  I hope you will share these jewels with the community  ::)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

CabraBuitre

Wow is right...!  Keep it up!

Check out Abelfarei!

RebaLynnTS

Your Bats always blow me away.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

seraf

Thanks all for comments :)

Girafe - to tell the truth... it's not my decision to not export that building in HD :( It's VERY big and when I tested the LODs, gmax showed me export error. After some experiments it seems that the only way to export that building is to divide it into three parts and export in SD :(

Update:

Main building of the exposition is close to finish :)

Glass still needs some work :D

SimFox

Impressive building... But it looks a bit like gamma had been applied twice...
also you would be better off it you'll put MR Physical Sky as a background map, particularly if you gonna have glass (or warret) or anything else reflective and facing up in your scene...

seraf

SimFox - Gamma is ok, ttextures are very bright, even white. It's because these buildings are from Columbian Exposition also known as White City.

In my native sc4 site (simcitypolska) there is something like SCJU. My country is the host of exposition in this year, and some people may guess that I try to recreate Columbian Exposition in SC4.
This task at this moment is impossible for me. Buildings are too big, as well as main basin. Splitting them into smaller parts and rendering in SD is useless, as I lose most of details and merging process itself is inconvenient in LE.

I don't know if this makes any sense, but maybe someone will be interested: a segment of main basin:

and unfinished peristile:

Please remember max size of pics, 1024x768.  I have resized your pic for you this time.  Robin - Global Moserator.

seraf

After some hardships I'm back to work ;) I decided to divide the main axis of basin into two parts. Also, I put MR Physical Sky as a background map as SimFox advised, but I don't see any difference.. :(

(Of course this smaller roof on the right will be also glazed later.

Update from works on Main Basin:

I have resized your picture as it was breaking the page for me (it was about double my monitor's resolution). You can still view the pic in full size by clicking on it. (CasperVg - 06/22/10 CET)

DCMetro2834

Wow....that is spectacular! All the detail has me stunned!!  &apls

CabraBuitre

Looks good!  I had always pictured it with SG's canal sets... but that's what I usually use, so it made the most sense to me!  That's really ambitious to create one all your own!

Check out Abelfarei!

manchou

My BATs or here but it is in french ;)