• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Berania

Started by nedalezz, June 20, 2009, 09:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q-Tips

Very amazing pictures here :thumbsup:
Its many good and moody pictures and you have managed to create a good style with the buildings, they fit well together. The trees are also placed well together. Your MD is very inspiring.

Battlecat

Beautiful work!  I really like that beach in your "glorified bump", I'm certainly not complaining in the slightest with a shot like that! 

Love your work on the farms in your mini update as well, you've done a lovely job with the flora along those roads! 

Scarton

Those rural pics are absolutely fabulous! :thumbsup: :o &apls Wonderful job!

skyhigh

&smrt Glued to the screen after those pictures, just wonderful

nedalezz

AROUND THE CITY OF SUQARA

Museum of Beranian Culture and History

Suqara – Situated right next to the Mohammed Ali Mosque on I-101, the Museum of Beranian Culture and History is a celebration of the rich past of the country, presented within the grounds of the museum as a showcase to visitors from wherever they may hail.

A pet project of Interior Minister Yasser Al-Bahrawi, groundbreaking on the project began nearly 2 years ago, and about K22 million later, the MBCH, for short, is now open with a full gallery of display, including a section for current Beranian artists who wish to display their work to the public.

The grounds of the MBCH also feature a lovely lake alongside a replica of a traditional Beranian worship building found in many of the villages and towns of the country.  Events, such as the Beranian Festival of Art and Music, are being planned throughout the year in order to promote both the museum and the purpose it serves.

Green Shades Residences

The latest development by Volta Construction and Development, Green Shades Residences is a residential development of 3 buildings, each 10 stories high, situated just east of the Museum of Beranian Culture and History.  The project is the largest residential development undertaken by VCD, itself the largest development company in Berania, in its history.

Popular with the expat community living in Suqara, Green Shades was bought out mostly by locals who in turn now rent out the apartments to those living in them.  About 87% of the apartments are rented, with only a few of the original buyers actually living in them.  A square meter was sold for an average of K1250, with apartments of 130, 180, and 250 square meters available.

Finally, we leave you with some shots from around Suqara. Enjoy!

art128

Lovely work as usual my friend, I like the last picture a lot ! Green shades residence looks wonderful too, I like the way you've make the area around it and the Museum of Beranian Culture and History.
Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Scarton

That second to last pic is superb!  :thumbsup: You have created a beautiful city.  &apls

Tomas Neto

Yeah my friend, awesome update again!!!  &apls &apls &apls

danielcote

this is so beautiful Theres no words to express it  :thumbsup: Job Well done.

Nexis4Jersey

Very Nice, once again :thumbsup:

Jmouse

I'm not sure what I like best about this new update. For one thing, every photo is so vibrant and full of life. The details you've included are amazing, not to mention your talent for choosing and using stunning BATS. The first pic is worth staring at for a long time – simply beautiful.

You've done an excellent job of choosing and placing trees. As always, the neighborhoods are well made and inviting. The only thing I would question can best be seen in the last photo – the blue and green water placed so close together is a bit bothersome. But don't get me wrong, you know I've always been a huge fan of your great work and this update is just superb!

Later...
Joan

ecoba

nedalezz, I am sorry I haven't seen this yet.

This is a wonderful MD, and you might like to know I constantly read Qumma all the way through, but I was not around at the time of updating.

Can't wait for more,

Ethan

nedalezz

Hey all! Thank you for the very kind words and comments! As some of you know, I have an extremely busy schedule, and Im in the United Arab Emirates right now on business, which will explain the lack of updates. However, one should be coming soon! Thank you again.

io_bg

Stunning update! I don't really know which pic I like the most, all of them are awesome! I think you should enter the Picture competition with one of them!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

sumwonyuno

Now, wow, your mastery in the gameplay really shows  :thumbsup:, and the subtle enhancements just makes the pictures visually appealing.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

just_a_guy

The 'burbs look great! Such nice mixture with the trees too.
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

nedalezz

BOOMING BUSINESS

The area around I-101 has been the target of some heavy residential and commercial development the past year as land prices in the area have shot up, doubling in value.  Just north of the Museum of Beranian Culture and History, a commodities wholesale market has emerged, stretching all the way to the edge of the city. Traders have favoured the area because I-101 has become the gateway in and out of Suqara, and the market is the first area of the city visitors will pass through coming into the city, saving potential customers the trouble of being stuck in traffic.

The small wholesale stores are situated alongside several cafes and restaurants, and with most of the area made up of small buildings, offices occupy the floors above the stores. The growing wholesale commodities market has also brought in much needed income to the city, spurning construction booms in the area as well as boosting the banking sector. Currently, there are 2 private banks planning to open their first branches in Suqara, also along the I-101 stretch going out of the city. The approval given by the Beranian government to the banks was applauded by most politicians in the country, including the majority of the opposition, including the vocal leader of the NPCP, Ismael Henry, who cited, "We have been pressuring the Berdasso administration to support the private sector, and we are happy they have finally decided to do the right thing."  Previously, the only bank with a license to operate in Berania was the Berania National Bank, fully owned by the Beranian government.

The population of Suqara continues to grow at a rapid pace, with the city predicted to reach the landmark of 100,000 residents later this year. The continued expansion of the city into the barrens around it has been fuelled by incoming immigrants from other parts of Berania, with very little coming from overseas. The same can be said for the economic investments, with most of it coming from Beranians and not international investors. The increase in urban population has been a trend seen all over the country the past 3 years, and the rate continues to grow at record rate. Berania's second largest city Mayfina, situated on the eastern coast of the country, currently has a population of 50,000, although its growth rate is significantly lower than Suqara, which has the highest of any city in the country.

Below are shots of the commercial area, known as the Wholesale Market, on I-101 on the edge of Suqara.

DISAPPEARING FORESTS?

The law recently passed concerning the legality of timber and lumber operation  has allowed a local company the rights to operate in the Verada area in central Berania, becoming the first ever company to receive a lumber license in the history of the country. The law has been defiantly and furiously protested by environmentalist and several key government officials, all citing the destruction of Beranian's beautiful forests as a crime against nature. Defending the decision his administration has taken, President Berdasso said, "First and foremost, the propaganda being fed that the forests of Berania will be destroyed is, in every shape and form, is a lie. We have no intention of doing that, nor would we ever stand behind anything that would lead to that. Instead, what we are doing is capitalizing on an extremely profitable opportunity to help the Beranian economy grow in order to help further improve the country.  Over 98% of the country is classified as rural area, and a big chunk of that are lush forests. All we have done is take a fraction of 1% of that and are allowing the lumber industry to gain access to the untapped Beranian market, for our advantage. What they don't tell you are the rules and laws behind it. For example, for every tree cut down, 2 of the same type must be planted in a designated area. Before we gave the license of operation, we did a thorough inspection of the area to see what type of animals called it home, and relocated a lot of them to other similar areas. A lot of steps were taken in order to insure the immediate neighbouring areas of the site would not feel a thing." The speech was given in the town of Peston, the closet settlement to the lumber site. The town will also serve as headquarters to Grafite Co., the name of the lumber company which was given the license. It is expected the company will employ 220 people in its initial stage, with the number of employees predicted to double within 3 years.

art128

Excellent history into that update my friend, it took me time to read but it was a pure pleasure !
The pictures are nice too, I like the way you created the Wholesale Market, it looks quite fine with the BAT used. The last picture is nice, even thought there is some (a lot) of deforestation..  &mmm
Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

builderbuiltoff

great update, i like the last picture &apls

Tomas Neto

Fantastic update, as usual!!!  :thumbsup: