• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Osturland

Started by Yoder7652, March 31, 2007, 12:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Stormont

Omg, I have missed so much. (annoyed with myself)

I adored the parade update, stunning work indeed and I am looking forward to seeing the next update. Fabulous work  &hlp

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Eddie

Wow, what a parade! I'm still at shock as to how you did that. I can tell a lot of effort has gone into it. Good luck with the rendering problems.

-Eddie

Yoder7652

A few replies to your comments....

@Kwakelaar - Thanks for you comments, I'm glad that you like the parade and its presentation. I had a lot of fun making this and more fun sharing it with the community! As always, thanks for stopping by and telling me what you think  ;D

@Nova Vesfalo - Thanks! I dare say that there may be other parades in Osturland future down the road and for those I will have to do some balloon Batting, but for a first parade I think the effect achieved from the downloaded 3d models. I'm sure that in a future parade I'll have to get Spongebob in the game  :D Thanks again for stopping by and leaving a comment.

@Badsim - Yes you got a little more time to stroll around than I was anticipating...but now you have delegation duties to perform so hop to it!  :D Hopefully you like what I was able to come up with.

@Thundercrack83 - No need to wait any longer...here is the new update! I'm glad to hear your enthusiasm for the Jubilee Celebration!

@Strechnitz - Wait no longer...the update is here! Sorry about the holding pattern around the city....turns out you plane was fitted with enough petrol to fly around the city for an extra 48 hours.... :D Glad to hear that the Emperor brought work to keep him busy in the down time! Well, Strech....I think they changed the rules so I have to get to 250 to become a classic...not 200, but you can congratulate me again when this MD eventually gets there  ;D :D

@Shadow Assassin - I wish it would hurry up and become a classic too! Ah, we'll get there when we get there. I figure this update should help with that effort, yes?  :D

@Belfastuniguy - Hey at least your back now and all caught up. ;D I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the parade, I hope you find today's update enjoyable.

@Eddie - Well, I rendered each balloon and used the Lot Editor to put them in the game...It took about 2 hours to do all the balloons since all I had to do was render and lot them. Well thanks for the well wishes with rendering...I still haven't got the problem sorted yet.

OK....enough of that...on to the business of the day! So the second part of the Jubilee Update is missing the military parade. Fortunately, the parade grounds will render, but I still have to make some adjustments to things in order for it to look proper. Turns out that the parade ground building is so large that I had to render it in separate parts, but my parts didn't match up because I had set my LODs wrong...easily fixed, but it easily takes a day to render all three parts...so no military parade at the parade grounds for today. However, fear not! I will continue to get the grounds rendered and will show them off in a future update. It is tradition for the monarch to preside over the Presentation of the Colors on his or her birthday, so we'll see the grounds for that ceremony at the King's upcoming birthday party. So we will have to make due with the other pictures I've taken thus far of the Jubilee festivities......here we go......

***cue theme music***

Good day!...and welcome to another edition of Today's News on the Osturland Broadcasting Network....I'm your host Catie Kouric. Today we are continuing our special coverage of the Jubilee Celebration festivities. The culmination of these festivities is the Jubilee Ball held at the Modern Palace tonight in the Citadel, right in the heart of Payens. We will go live to the Modern Palace a little bit later in our broadcast, but first I want to fill you in on what has been happing around Payens today. We start with some footage taken earlier at the airport today when the Stropon delegation landed at Payens International Airport. We talk now with Latt who was there at the scene of the delegation's arrival earlier today.

Latt: Yes, Catie...as mentioned in our previous broadcast, the Stropon delegation includes the new ambassador from Stropon to Osturland, Lord Francis Dragomirov Blauheim. Also in the delegation is his Holy Imperial Majesty, Emperor Jerome Victor IV, accompanined by his niece, Duchess Emely von Nebenzollern bis Hinterhausen,and  his mistress, Lady Caroline von Steuben, Marchioness of Listerfeldt. Other members included the Prime Minister of Stropon, Fritz vonClauwenbach, the Minister of foreign Affairs, Rudolph von Rekelstein, and the Minister of Finance, Maxim Paufenfels. When the Stropon plane touched down on the tarmac, a regiment of HRH's Military was there to greet them with the Prime Minister of Osturland, Bernard W. Rigaud. When the party began to come off the airplane, an ensemble of the Osturland Military Band played the national anthem of Stropon followed by the anthem of Osturland. The party then proceeded to the new Stropon Embassy to "freshen up from the long flight."

Catie: Latt, I was hearing unconfirmed reports that the Stropon plane was in a holding pattern around the city of Payens for an inordinate amount of time...do you have any thoughts or comments?

Latt: Well, yes Catie that report is true...the plane did circle the city for quite awhile as preparations on the ground were continually delayed. Eventually, though...the plane was given clearance to land and everyone on board departed the plane safely.

Catie: Well thanks for that report, Latt.

On to other news....shortly after the Stropon delegation landed at the Payens International Airport, across town in front of the Osturland Parliament, the delegation from Antigone was presenting the King and people of Osturland with a gift to commemorate the Jubilee celebration and the new diplomatic ties between the two peoples. The new plaza is located directly in front of the Osturland Parliament and boarders Sanford Palace. In the ribbon cutting ceremony, HRH King Gardannes and Mr Richard Eniaux, President of Replublic of Antigone & Federate Territories, officially opened the new Templar Plaza. Mr. Richard Eniaux commented that the plaza is meant to be a symbol to the people of Osturland as a reminder of their Knights Templar heritage. He went on to comment that he hoped the new diplomatic relations between Antigone and Osturland would prove beneficial to both nations and that the two would become partners on the global stage to affect needed change in our world. Finally, he publicly congratulated the King for his 50 years of service to his country and wished him another 50 glorious years.

Catie: Such a lovely new plaza...I actually visited it earlier today before the ribbon cutting ceremony and was just amazed by how wonderful it is. We are told that it was designed by Antigone's own famed city planner/landscape designer/all around artisan....the renowned Badsim!

We now go live to the Modern Palace where guests are beginning to arrive and the party is just getting started.

Catie: Members from the Antigone delegation have just arrived and members of the Stropon delegation are now getting out of their cars and making their way up the red carpet to the palace entrance. Our own Veredith Mieira has stopped the Stropon Ambassador, Lord Francis Dragomirov Blauheim, to have a quick chat with me on the air.

Catie: Good evening your Excellency. Could you spare a few words for the press?

Lord Francis: Why of course, capital! Always ready to do ones duty eh? Shoot!

Catie: We understand that your Emperor Jerome Victor IV will present King Gardannes with a knighthood at the ball tonight. Is this true?

Lord Francis: Why yes it is. His holy Imperial Majesty will present your jubilant monarch with two knightly orders. The first is the Imperial order of the golden fur. A Stroponian order reserved only for heads of state, whom have close or blood relations with the Ruling house of Stropon. You could compare it with the knights of the garter. King Gardannes is the first Ruler to be presented with the order of the Golden Fur for almost a century.

Catie: And this is because of the isolationism your country followed after WWI ambassador?

Lord Francis: Er quite yes. We like to refer to it as the Doctrine of Autocracy. But you are quite right with your remark. Yes.

Catie: And a second order of knighthood is to be given to the King you say?

Lord Francis: Oh yes. Our beloved Emperor will, apart from the Golden Fur, present your gracious King with the Commander in the Imperial order of Augustus Heraclius. This is the highest class of the highest possible Stroponian Chivalric order to be given to non Stroponians. This is a personal gift from the Emperor to the King and indeed the entire Nation of Osturland. In order to strengthen the bond of friendship between our two nations, and we hope that this era will be the start of a long and fruitful collaboration between our two countries. What!

Catie: Thank you for your time Ambassador, we won't keep you from the party much longer. But one last question. Have you begun to settle yourself into our Country?

Lord Francis: Oh but most surely yes. I find Osturland a most hospitable country. I look forward on getting better acquainted with it. And I must say, that the arrangements made for the embassy and other necessities are very well executed indeed. Capital I tell you. Capital!

Catie: Thank you your Excellency,

Lord Francis: Yes, quite, no problem. Carry on and that sort of thing. Capital. Aaaaah Champagne...

Catie: That was a quick word with Lord Francis Dragomirov Blauheim. Newly appointed Stropon Ambassador.

Catie: While the royals and glitterati of Osturland party at the Jubilee Ball, the people of Payens have the opportunity to here local musicians in concert at various locations around the city. Two such locations are Grant Park and the newly constructed Jubilee Dome. We go now to some live photos taken by our eye in the sky, helicopter cam.

Catie: After the Jubilee Ball is over, the partying just doesn't stop. Several after-parties have been planned all across Payens for various constituencies at the Ball. Many of the members of the Lower House of Parliament will be attending an after-party at the Prime Minister's Palace, Mounford House, while many member of the Upper House have plans to attend an after-party at the Osturland National Archives. Another after-party reserved for the Stropon and Antigone delegation is at the new Stropon Embassy in Payens 3rd Ward. We go now to the embassy where final preparations are being made in order to receive guests as soon as the Jubilee Ball has finished.

Catie: Well everyone, this concludes our special coverage of the Jubilee Celebration of HRH King William Gardannes. I hope you've enjoyed our coverage and will tune in to more of our programs in the future. On behalf of the Osturland Broadcasting Network, Veridith Mieira, Latt Mauer, and everyone at Today's News....I want to thank you for tuning in! I'm Catie Kouric....and that's the news!

***cue theme music***

I hope you enjoyed today's belated update! Before taking off, I would like to thank Badsim for his work on Templar Plaza and Strech for providing me with some good material and dialogue for today's update! Lastly, I wanted to thank HabLeUrG for providing me with his flag model so that I could make a few flags.....Thanks everybody....Cheers!

Krio

ARGH! What should I write for this comment besides? Can't describe the reality! You beast  $%#Ninj2

snorrelli

Love the Templar Plaza. Great character you've given this place. I'm reminded of Chaumont, which I mean as a major compliment. :thumbsup:
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

Strechnitz

:thumbsup: where to begin? :thumbsup:

It is a great update Yoder. you can be proud of this achievement.   &apls

I absolutely love the plane. I could not have done it better myself. The colour scheme is great. and the crest looks good on the tail. :thumbsup:    thank you.

The overal update is delightful. it was well worth the little wait.
espescially the way you have woven the gifts into the entire story like the orders and the square.

I did not know my embassy had such great nightlights :D you just showed me for the first time!

And last but not least I'm afraid we have a slight diplomatic problem on our hands :(

Now in government journalism and theatre as well, the actual facts are not as important as the display of props or smokescreens used to...how shall I put it....to help convey the image that those in power or on a stage want to convey to their audience.
I could make it a long story. but let's stick to the bare facts. shal we? :)
The young diplomatic relation between Osturland and Stropon has been dealt a severe blow by the OBN.
the reporter plainly and openly declares "$Deal"$ that Jerome Victor is acompanied by his 50 year younger MISTRESS!!!

Now thát is a very delicate matter in Stropon. You and I know she is. the readers of the MD can guess they have a fling. But the electorate of Stropon must not under any circumstance know about it. The Stropon Times hinted at the possibility but went no further than that. It would undermine their confidence in the government:) now we wouldn't want that now would we? ;) :D :D

What are you going to do?  :-\

;D Strechnitz.

kimcar

&apls Another great breaking news. I just like the arrival and the army parade. Very well done. :thumbsup:

sebes

&apls &apls &apls
Amazing Ryan, how you make Stropons royal  scandals national secrets matters of state keep all nations glued to the screen to hear the latest gossip developments on the man's His Royal Mayesty's escapades international politics

« Last Edit: Today at 22:32:17 by Stropon Ministery of Truth »
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

emilin

Everything is absoulutly stunning to look at, and the story is groing on me with each update. And you just HAVE to love the Stropon Air plane. &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

That's an awesome update, Yoder7652!
Very realistic and great pictures! :thumbsup:

and a wonderful update of the parade! Great work! :thumbsup:

Snaper

It's simply amazing  :o
J'adoooore  $%Grinno$%

It's fantastic, these images are quite simply wonderful  &apls &apls

Bravo l'ami  ;)

pipishere

A wonderfull update and commentary Yoder! You should be proud!  ;) :)

thundercrack83

Incredible. I'm...I'm speechless. With every update, you continue to leave me sitting at my computer with my mouth agape. I really can't find the words!

Yoman

Sounds like everyone will be very hammered :P

Yoder7652

Hello everybody! Well I'm not going to reply to your comments today, but I'll get to them in my next update. Currently, OBN is working out a reply to its latest scandal involving the Stropon government, but you'll have to wait and see what they say once I have more time to work on some graphics  ;D :P I wanted to let everyone know that over the next 4 weeks I'll be sporadically in and out. I'm traveling with my wife (for work, not play) and will not have a steady internet connection. I will be playing simcity though and will hopefully still have some updates for you over these weeks....I just won't be around very much. Till then, Cheers!

JanYpe

I love the mosaic on that square.  :o
Lurker Extraordinaire

Emperor Stormont

Another fabulous update indeed, loved the welcome party pics and the party, excellent.  &apls  &apls

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Badsim

I'm back , Ryan , after have had to solve serious troubles with my computer ...

Glad (and proud ) to see finally Templar plaza at its perfect place ...  I was searching a way to thank you for all these awesome BATs from you making my own city so attractive . The least I could do ...

I think all this work on many props for temporary Lots for this jubilee is a true ... devotion . Snorelli is perfectly right ;  a flavor of Chaumont can be felt there . As you know , Chaumont is unfinished and will remain it  :( , so ...  long life to Osturland ! %BUd%

If I trust your program , festivities aren't finished ... but already unforgettable .

Have a great travel with your wife , even if it's for work ....  ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Pat

WoW OMG talk about stunning work here Ryan i cant to see what you pull out next - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

kwakelaar

This was great fun to read Yoder, I truely enjoyed the diplomatic power play. I must say the Stropon delegation is one with a lot of heavy weights, they do take this very serious indeed. Also happy to see that Gardannes got the order with the dead cat, that would be my favourite as well.

The images and graphics are as always well made and tell the story of the events almost by themselves.