• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Zoning direction

Started by Rady, August 07, 2009, 08:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rady

Possibly someone can help me with this problem: when zoning, the game automatically adjust the "road side" of the zone (designated by a chevron). By pressing either the SHIFT, CTRL or ALT key or a combination of them you can change the direction of the chevron.

However, for me it's impossible to change the direction in the following case:

I would like the buildings to face the street. Instead of, the game automatically turns the zones so that they face the avenue and the overpass. Basically, this would be no problem, but since there is a overpass, the zones on the left end of the area will immediatley show the "no raod access" sign. Even when trying any possible combination of SHIFT, CTRL and ALT I cannot get the zone to face the street.

Is there a solution to that problem?
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

M4346

Demolish the avenue / overpass and then zone?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

metarvo

Zones tend to face the higher-capacity networks sooner than they face minor networks.  If you bulldoze the avenue overpass, you should be able to get the zone to face the street.  Then, you can rebuild the overpass.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Rady

Thank you, folks. Well, not the answer I was looking for  ;) but obviously a possibility.
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

Andreas

Unfortunately, that's the only way to align the zones properly. The game has a built-in network hierarchy, so zones will automatically align to a network that has a higher hierarchy level.
Andreas