• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[WIP/REL] SCAG Turboprops Department.

Started by joelyboy911, August 13, 2009, 02:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Think long term: Which regional planes would you like to see?

BAe ATP
Saab 340 & Saab 200
Embraer ERJ-145 Family
Bombardier C-Series
Dornier 328 and 328Jet
Other (Specify in a post)

joelyboy911

Just to let everyone know, the BAe Jetstream 31, 32 and 41 project is back on track. I expect to start rendering them, and making some more liveries in about a month, when all my exams are over. All other work will also be completed around that time. The reason that project had been off-track was a slight error with some strange bumpiness on the aircraft, caused by my misuse of certain functions in gmax. I had decided to put off the project, and focus on Dash-8's but it now seems the two types will see a roughly simutaneous release.

I still want to know people's thoughts about the revamped frontpage, do you like it? Is it worthwhile?
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

adroman

Yes, I like the new page very much...

Progress is good news, I'll have the ATR's ready soon... I tried out one of the Dash-8's, they're fine pieces of work.

Havva good one, (considering it's your birthday :P)
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

KoV Liberty

Happy birthday Joel! :party: Also, may you send me the Dash-8s to try out over on my PC? Thanks.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

adroman

Ah, sorry, I shouldn't have been so ambiguous, I only borrowed the one QantasLink Q400...

sorry for hijacking  :P

Havva good one

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

joelyboy911

This plane is used by the Australian Customs service for some reason. By special request from adroman. Also, since the coat of arms is unintelligible, it is quite an international livery, anybody's customs service could use it.

This is a Q400 model dash 8 converted into a water bomber, for use by the Securite Civile, or Civil Defence of France. Its used for extinguishing fires, and the like, and you can see the bulbous tank under the wing area in which the water is held.

This plane, operated by the Canadian Forces Air Command, or AIRCOM, is used as a navigational trainer, and therefore contains radars and such things in its large, and misshapen nose compartment. It is colloquially known as Gonzo.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

adroman

Now, THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT!

But seriously now, that is some awesome work Joel!

Can't wait to get them into action...

Havva good one
Adrian

thomil

Oh well, that's the second keyboard in a week that I've ruined while drooling over your work!!!  ;)
Great work on all three, I've been waiting for such "auxiliary" military/government types for ages!  &apls
Especially Gonzo will be doing good work in my cities, That nose just screams MPA (Maritime Patrol Aircraft)
Keep up the good work, and looking forward to their release  :thumbsup:

Regards from Germany
Thomas

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

ShadeSlayer

Finally, we're rolling out some CF stuff.

Good job.

pilotdaryl

I never realized how good this looks :o

mobius06

Quote from: ShadeSlayer on November 07, 2009, 08:17:31 AM
Finally, we're rolling out some CF stuff.

Good job.

Amen to that ! awesome work SCAG  &apls

joelyboy911

Here's to Canada, my 5th favourite country on Earth! This rather conspicuously-coloured Dash-8 is used by Transport Canada to look for ships illegally discharging oil in Canadian waters (apparently...).

These 3 planes are no longer in service, but the magical part is that they shall live on, in SimCity 4's aiports.

I think the models need a little refining still... But none the less, it's good that the project is back on track.

Thanks for your comments guys, I think I'll also be making a generic military grey coloured Dash-8, and I will also be making the RAF (UK) Jetstreams.

I'm gonna be too busy to do anything the next two weeks, with my school exams on. But after that... well, you just wait and see.

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

adroman

Looks excellent Joel!
:thumbsup:

I don't think AIRCOM could've picked a more conspicuous colour, eh?

Awesome work, again...

KoV Liberty

VERY GOOD! I love this new batch of planes! &apls :thumbsup: ;D

Adrian, I miss you man.

joelyboy911

I made 2 new liveries to make up numbers on the Q300 line. If you want to request a Q300 (thats the middle-sized one), this would be a good time.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

hyped_up_boy

Looks good! I'm assuming you've already done Air Canada Jazz, so I don't have any requests.  Keep up the good work!

un1

I love to see Canadian planes in SC4!  ;D

Nice job on the Porter Q400s!

Also, Bombardier C-Series isn't much of a regional plane more a competitor to the A318 and A319.

And, the Air Canada Jazz livery is still being made.. (For the poster above me)

Great job!  ;D

Jack_wilds

Hey Joelyboy911, Jack wilds here...

Time to chime with my own accolades of "...well done  :thumbsup:"  -particularly the security models, its all looking promising a good addition to any sim-airport...

I also like your avatar -a kiwi on candy cane skies  :D  clever funny  ;) Does kiwi-land get to have a white or green Christmas?, -being down under summer now, Its shaping up to be a greenish-brown one up-top, the weather is really acting weird here of late. 

Personally I don't think its global warming as much as sun warming in conjunction with changing planetary magnetic fields, its a theory I found on NASA site.

Merry Christmas from the northwoods,

Jack