• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Dan's Place , The islands of citystates

Started by danielcote, August 14, 2009, 04:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the island

Yes its superb
2 (11.1%)
Yes it has great pottential
4 (22.2%)
Yes but it could use some work
5 (27.8%)
ah its ok
5 (27.8%)
No
1 (5.6%)
No you should re-do the island
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

sumwonyuno

I really wasn't expecting otherwise:  if the town wanted to expand, development would have to take over farms and cut down the forests.   &cry2

As for Orleans City, I would suggest putting green belts (trees and parks) along the highway and the shoreline.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Tomas Neto

Hi Daniel, you made a lot of updatings for these days, and all are beautiful, really fantastic!
Nice effect of photoshop in the last update, my friend!!   :thumbsup:

Albus of Garaway

Enjoy camping! The new teasers look great. :)

-Jason

danielcote

Blue moose: Yah I'm working on that thanks.

Driftmaster07: Don't worry I did.

Sumwonyuno: Yep thats what I'm doing and don't River Deer Valley is like Banf or Jasper it has limited expansion.  ;)

Tomas Neto: Thanks I'm good at pfotoshop.

Albus of Garway: I did and I hiked 14 km up mountains by lake loise. don't know if I spelled that right. Thanx

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7958/dansplacefeb26061250822.png
A new Town has been created in the same tile as River Deer Valley but farming is its top buissnes not so much tourism.

Sorry for the lack of updates but my progress has been sliced in half because my game keeps on quiting every 5 minuits. If you have any solutions to this problem than please tell me because it really ticks me off. I litterly end up cussing at the computer till my face is red its really anoying.

danielcote

Scenic route:

Slower and too expencive for a regular commute but Great for tourists and relaxing wekends and it will probably bring in more tourists.

Commuter:

Much more frequent, dependable and delivers a much fasterfaster service for regular comutes between cities and will bring more people from each city wich is good for buissnes.

Freight:

Carries cargo and live stock and has a far larger capacity then trucks do.

Tomas Neto

Very nice work, Daniel!!! Great update!!!  :thumbsup:
About the problem that you're having with the game, I don't have answer! I'll ask some friends if they know how to solve!

KoV Liberty

Uh... Try running cleanitol, or slowing down in your work. This happens to me sometimes but  just let the computer sit there for a little while. Somtimes that works... Great update overall!!!!! :thumbsup:

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

danielcote

Tomas Neto: Ok thanks for you're help.

Driftmaster: Don't you mean cleanalot?

NEW CHARACTER

Name: Ed Pitt

Wealth: $$

Job: Owner of the pit theater.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7978/dansplacemar20612508224.png

Ed Pitts house.

UPDATE

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/6900/dansplacemar50612508224.png

The New Alexandria Hospital has been finished and has new equiptment and technology that the clinic did not have so it is a plus in extending our citizens life time.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3217/dansplacejan40712512231.png

Current overview. As you can see the towns skyline is getting taller.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9771/dansplacejan70712512232.png

Night time.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7306/dansplacejan20712512231.png

Conections Spuare is a new touristical part of town with pubs, resteraunts, gift shops, bakeries, clothing store and banks it is arguably the best place to shop.

Scarton

Dan7

Nice updates! And here is my opinion on the rail poll (which should matter more than anyone else's 'cause I'm the Transport Advisor. JK! ;D)

I don't think building all of them is really an option, as it would cause to much clutter and would not be financially sound..This is a Tourists Paradise, is it not? The scenic route is a must. As for Freight vs. Commuter, Dans place did start as a farming region, yes. But it is now growing at no small rate. People are going to need to be able to move around, and tourists are going to need fast ways to get arounf the region. I says go passenger, and if freight needs become greater, add highways. Bit less expensive. And also, I'm Working on a flag design for Dan's Place. I'll PM it to you if you want to see it!
You can call me Daniel. Or you can just call Dan. Danny if you really must. Or if you just want to stick to Dan7, that's fine. Whatever floats your boat. Or sinks it, Although that's probably not the smartest idea.

danielcote

City capitalizer: oh sorry city capitalizer I was only looking off my PM list I never thought to look for character info on these pages man I feel so bad  ()sad(). Sorry I'll have you're house and character next update is that ok with you  &mmm

Dan7: Great you can send me the flag! And as for the rail you're opinion counts for 45% of poll but all possabilities are taken into consideration.

Train Types:

Commuter-

is fast consistant and reliable but still comftorable.

Scenic-

Is slower But more comftorable and elaborate with facilities such as a dining car and a cafe and bar + a dome and park car. You can see scenery much better but there is less stops it will stop in 2 out of every 4-5 towns.

Freight-

Is fairly fast and reliable and takes more freight than trucks but the current engines use diesel and we are currently looking into electric freight engines for quicker and cleaner services.

But What should we call this rail company it has to have a name.

emgmod

Yay, I'm in here now. I'll think of a name for the rail tomorrow.

Dan7

Depends. Is the rail going to be government or privatley owned. Government owned, I'd call it the River Deer-Orleans Railroad. If it's privatley owned, then it depends on what the owner calls it. And I would like to own it, if possible.
You can call me Daniel. Or you can just call Dan. Danny if you really must. Or if you just want to stick to Dan7, that's fine. Whatever floats your boat. Or sinks it, Although that's probably not the smartest idea.

KoV Liberty

Yes. Cleanitol or Cleanalot I guess. 'm not sure... The one that checks for missing or conflicting dependancies.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Tomas Neto

Woowww, very nice this pics!!!

Hi Daniel, I talked with some friends about your problem with the game, but I got no answer that could help you. I'm sorry my friend.  &mmm

Luke09

Nice...i think i will go to the touristical plaza of the city  ;)
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

ecoba

I would like a c.p. mansion ($$$) on a rural street surrounding by trees, preferably c.p.'s as well. Thanks! No specific house.

Ethan

danielcote

emgmod: Ok I have an idea too.

Dan7: You can own the scenic route company but the freight and commuter is government property.  ;)

Driftmaster07: Ok I instaled it but still need to see how it works.

Tomas Neto: Oh thats ok.

Luke09: Ok what will you do there?

Ecoba: Ok I sent you a PM.

TEASER

WELCOME TO ORLEANS CITY
http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq312/DanielCote/orleanscityjun230112513.png?t=1251392696

Citycapitilizer and emgmod's characters will be introduced next update.

Tomas Neto

Daniel, Orleans City is fantastic!!! Awesome city my friend!!! And great work with the pothoshop!!!  &apls &apls

KoV Liberty

You run it directly from the installer.

Adrian, I miss you man.