• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM Commercial Services BSC Exceed

Started by Daedalus40, August 18, 2009, 04:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daedalus40

Here's the story. I started downloading all of the CAM starter packs for my computer, as I went to the Commercial Services download page (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=956), and as I clicked the download button, nothing happened, I tried clicking it a few times, and nothing happened. I then realized it's my internet has stopped on me, and it does that frequently.

So I closed the internet, and re-opened, went back to the CS download page, now it said I have downloaded it 4 times. I click the download button, I go to the page where it says "Download Quota for this lot has been exceeded ...". But the problem is, I never got to download it because of my crappy wi-fi connection.

I have downloaded many of these lots once before quite awhile ago (only once) for my old computer. Now that I have a new computer, I have to re-download. So, do I have to wait awhile before I can get to download the CS file again, or is there a problem?

Swamper77

You'll have to wait 24 hours from the time of the last registered download attempt before you can try again. The download limiter exists to prevent people from using download accelerators (which use multiple connections to download with).

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Daedalus40

Quote from: Swamper77 on August 18, 2009, 05:46:34 PM
You'll have to wait 24 hours from the time of the last registered download attempt before you can try again. The download limiter exists to prevent people from using download accelerators (which use multiple connections to download with).

-Jan

No problem. I was just hoping it wasn't permanent or anything.

Thank You.

SC4BOY

Another point is the connection counts it as a download, even if you only open the "save" window.. it has no intelligence to determine that you actually did or did not download the file.. .so its not really downloads that it measures, its the number of times you open the window.

JoeST

its the number of times you requested the file, by clicking on the download link ;)
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

SC4BOY

Quote from: SC4BOY on August 18, 2009, 10:59:45 PM
.. it has no intelligence to determine that you actually did or did not download the file..