• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Badsim's testing ground .

Started by Badsim, October 01, 2009, 04:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

ah ah  you come back with some amazing work &apls &apls

congratulations  master Cédric &scl()
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Earth quake

Wow, it's fantastic and impressive.

citymax

Delecto

Fantastic work Cédric,  &apls  ...is this all transit enabled?

djvandrake

I'm practically speechless.  The textures are so realistic!  This is the most impressive lot I've ever seen, and that is saying a lot given the quality of all your work.  Bravo.  &apls

Une_ame

So, the guys from Maxi's finally released SM5 ????

QuoteAm I on the right way , guys ?

No, you're not. You've just arrived $%Grinno$%.

And a last word : babuloziwad $%#Ninj2. I know, it means nothing but that's a new word I've made for this level of perfection :o. The others were to weak.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Badsim

Hello ,

Many thanks for these comments . :)

David and me having had to solve some props joins and textures problems before I start the LotEditing of Place de la Concorde Lot N°3 ( David is currently re-exporting them ... ) , I would like to reply about the possible creation of a typical parisian Mod for avenues & roads ... Of course it would be the perfect solution but , alas , the creation of a such Mod is far above my competences . I don't doubt that , with patience and very close help , I could learn how to make it , but so far , reading the few basic tutorials I've found , they're not enough basic and detailed , compared to my poor knowledge about T21 examplars and limited ease - the least I can say - with english langage ...  ::)

That's a real pity while I'm able to show you what it would be ... through my experiments about Rue Royale:

This result has been acquired by changing the avenue by one-ways ( to avoid any median stuff to appear .... ) and then , extending Hotel Crillon's Lot with Youcef's great paved textures ... I think I'll be bound to act like that everywhere it will be possible . $%Grinno$%

Concerning  requests about the exact roads network of Place de la Concorde , I will reply as well when the place will be finished ... As everybody know , 2 transit enabled Lots can't be put together , but I've got several others solutions in mind to solve that and need to experiment them . Another of my preoccupation being to avoid some things to appear like traffic lights which would be here out of place ...

But , after all , that's rather interesting challenges . I just hope the results will keep on being so ... babuloziwad .... ::) $%Grinno$% ;D  :thumbsup:

Cédric .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

vnaoned

I would say : simply great, simply cedric!  &apls

I love the way the avenues are rendered and the use of traffic lights.

My only remarque will be the to colorful cars you use (including automatas)
this is the point that could threaten the realism of this master piece!

rooker1

Wow Cedric,
I don't really know what to say any more.  :o
I do know that I would have a hard time driving around there.  ::)

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

TheTeaCat

ummm.....  &Thk/(

ummmmmm.........
&Thk/(

Amaz.........

&Thk/(
Stupend.......

&Thk/(
Incredi........

&idea
[Please insert your own words of ......]

Cédric

I'm at a loss for words. This is some of the most breathtaking stuff I've ever seen. &apls
I just sat and stared for ages.  :o
The attention to detail, your skills with the LE, everything is just .....babuloziwad

I really don't know what else to say. $%Grinno$%
till the next time  :thumbsup:

regards

Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Girafe

&apls &apls &apls

the Giraffe has the head in the clouds ^^

Amazing work, I hope to see more soon

have you test the trees ?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

djvandrake

Absolutely fantastic.  I'm speechless.  &apls

As everybody know , 2 transit enabled Lots can't be put together , but I've got several others solutions in mind to solve that and need to experiment them .

And now I'm very curious too.  ()what()  ;D

Delecto

Very good, we begin to feel the hideous chaos of the Parisian traffic  :D

I am also curious how you will manage several TA Lots next to each other.

DEL!

kimcar

citymax

Une_ame

Cedric, you'll always amazed me !! Now, you decide to launch a new "parisian" looking MOD for Avenue, road ad streets !!!!!! And after that ??? ?

Beware not to launch a new CityBuilder if you find out that the grid is too unperfect :D :D!
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Badsim

Well , I think I need to correct several misunderstandings ... I do not have found a way to put 2 transit enabled Lots together , I have found the way to not use transit enabled Lots ... that's not the same thing at all . By resizing Lots ( in every way , extension then reduction ) as props on a saved Lot in a city stay even if you remove them with LE ... and they will stay endlessly except if you bulldoze the tile where they stand . That's a complementary method to Squidi's one to make appear new props on an extended Lot ... for the serious expert MODers of the game , this is surely not a serious method of LotEditing ; to get the result I'm able to get , that's the only serious & possible method . And , as I already said , the possibilities of this « unofficial » method are just limited by your own imagination .

Another misunderstanding , Emmanuel : I'm not going to release a parisian Mod for avenues & roads , I just apply another property of extended Lots to recover the avenues of the game textures by those I decide to .

Having lost my internet connection ( once more ... ) for several days , so without Google StreetView , I've been unable to progress as I would have liked to . I took that occasion to move the whole Madeleine district which was built too far from Place de la Concorde . It has been a very boring work as , working here with many extended then reduced Lots , I have had to repeat the process for each and all of these Lots ... this complex move isn't finished , and I'm going to release the juncture between Place de la Madeleine and Place de la Concorde (Rue Royale) .

I've also started the entrance to Champs-Elysées from Place de la Concorde ...

We have found a  problem of width coordination between David's Concorde prop and Youcef's Champs-Elysées textures but we are in the process to solve it .

The « Horses from Marly » should be soon released by David , and  I have received  the missing Obelisk for Place de la Concorde from Vincent . I hope both David & Vincent will present them in their respective thread . ::)

Plus , you can expect many others surprises from that totally crazy team ... $%Grinno$%

Later .

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)