• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FrankU's Lottery - Space Center update

Started by FrankU, October 19, 2009, 02:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Quote from: FrankU on July 29, 2012, 10:22:32 AMI only fear I am not able to reproduce all special letters and signs, like the German double s, all this scandinavian crossed o's, not to speak of cyrillic and asian alphabets. Sorry....

Do you fear that for which purpose?  you can always copy paste.

Quote from: FrankU on July 29, 2012, 10:22:32 AM
For French I think of:
- Mairie
- Grand Mairie
- Hotel de Ville

I don' think we have such a word. Firstly it would be grandE mairie as " Mairie " is feminine you have to accord the adjective.

But such a word is not used. As I said ' Hotel de Ville ' is used for larger cities, whereas " Mairie " for small towns and villages. I wonder what we have for smaller thing like Hamlets.
Maybe something like communal establishments or something like that..
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

gn_leugim

Quote from: FrankU on July 29, 2012, 10:22:32 AM
Yes, those are good ideas! All correct proposals of languages avaliable in SC4 will be added. So if you know one, please post. Preferably with three stages: small, medium and large.
I only fear I am not able to reproduce all special letters and signs, like the German double s, all this scandinavian crossed o's, not to speak of cyrillic and asian alphabets. Sorry....

For French I think of:
- Mairie
- Grand Mairie
- Hotel de Ville

Portugese will be:
- Câmara Municipal pequeno
- Câmara Municipal medio
- CM grande

Are these correct and or acceptable?
Please correct, otherwise I will make a fool of myself, but I will put your name in the read me!

I would only change one thing. I would say "Pequena Câmara Municipal" and so on instead of "Camara Municipal pequena"

FrankU

Quote from: art128 on July 29, 2012, 12:15:54 PM
Firstly it would be grandE mairie as " Mairie " is feminine you have to accord the adjective.

But such a word is not used. As I said ' Hotel de Ville ' is used for larger cities, whereas " Mairie " for small towns and villages. I wonder what we have for smaller thing like Hamlets.
Maybe something like communal establishments or something like that..

Arthur, yes feminine, I wasn't sure. My French got rusty over the years.
But I'd like a proper propsal, because I am not able to make up something that sounds real French. As you might have concluded since I even didn't know the right adjective to Mairie....
Maybe: Bureau Communal, Mairie, Hôtel de Ville?

And gn_leugim: I will use your Portugese proposal.

I hope someone will help me with Danish, Swedish, and what have we got more, Polish? Italian? Icelandic? No I fear the latter has no entry in SC4.

art128

Quote from: FrankU on July 30, 2012, 05:01:48 AMArthur, yes feminine, I wasn't sure. My French got rusty over the years.
But I'd like a proper propsal, because I am not able to make up something that sounds real French. As you might have concluded since I even didn't know the right adjective to Mairie....
Maybe: Bureau Communal, Mairie, Hôtel de Ville?

Don't worry my friend. ;)
To be honest I was not able to find something that sounded great as well, but it seems you made it before me! Bureau communal seems adequate and sounds great for sure! I like it. If a french player come and has another suggestion, if not I'd say use this one. :)

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

FrankU

Hi Arthur,

Your reply was a bit quick. While I was having a cup of coffee I realised my proposal was not OK.
The building and the lot don't really fit the nam Bureau Communal or even Maire. The old town hall I use as a model is a Hôtel de Ville from the start.

Besides that: it is a Hôtel de Ville néerlandaise. So I think it's going to be something like:
Hôtel de Ville néerlandaise- phase 1, phase 2, phase 3
More or less like I do in Dutch and English.

In German I use the titles used by Andreas Roth in his translation: Rathaus, Mittleres Rathaus and Grosses Rathaus.

In Portuese I think it should be something like:
Câmara Municipal Holandês - fase 1 ,2, 3
Or this: Google translate gives me Prefeitura Holandês - fase 1. This is a bit shorter and it sounds good in my ears.

Are these proposals correct and acceptable?

gn_leugim

in either cases there is one mistake. "Holandês" is the male form of the adjective, and the both "Câmara Municipal" and "Prefeitura" are female nouns. So you have to adjust the adjective in accordance with the noun, and in this case it becomes "Holandesa"

So, or it is Câmara Municipal Holandesa or Prefeitura Holandesa

FrankU

Hi gn_leugim,

It wasn't a mistake. It was pure ignorance. I don't know anything about Portugese and Google Translate neither. Apparently. I am happy you are correcting me, because this kind of mistakes makes the game funny in a way I'd like to avoid.  ;D
So is the word fase correct? And what is the difference between prefeiturea and câmara municipal? One is for big towns and the other for small?

gn_leugim

I know what you mean, it happens the same to me when I want to make some language files  :-[

Well, the difference between Prefeitura and Câmara Municipal is that the first one is Brazilian Portuguese and the second one is European (Portugal) Portuguese.

Now, regarding the brazilian system, I am not aware of how it works, but the Portuguese Administrative system I now well. We have three stages of territory organization. the first, more close to the people and smallest are the Freguesia, which is lead from the "Junta de Freguesia". Then, several Freguesias make up a Concelho, which is lead from a "Câmara Municipal". Then, several Concelhos make up a Distrito, which is lead from the " Governo Civil".

But, this is not very accurate how simcity works as each tile is a city, which we may say it is a Freguesia (the small tiles) or maybe a head of a Concelho (the larger tiles) but the Distrito would be the whole region. And only a Governo Civil is needed on each Distrito.

Hope you understand the point ;)

FrankU

I just uploaded the Dutch City Hall project.

Now on to the next reward!

kelis

Great Job Frank, I like so much your work in LE, You keep making great stuff for all of us, thank my friend  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

gn_leugim

great job :D

but you could calm down a bit on the dependencies no? ^^ joking, most of them are mandatory :P again, great job =)

So, whats the next reward? :D

FrankU

Well, in a way I did calm down with the dependencies. It is a long list, but almost all are neccessary for almost all my lots. So if you have them once, and indeed: almost anybody on this site will have them already, you only need to download a model now and then.

The next reward is an altered version of my Farm Fair. I decided to edit it, because I'd like to finish it and go on with another one.
But because Fred won't upload his MFP set for a while, I decided to remake it with Haarlemmergold's Dutch Farm Pack.

Have a look:

and

Do you like it, or should I wait for Fred's set and publish the farm fair with his barns?

gn_leugim

well as it is is good already, but Fred's props are very good and diversified wich is a bonus I think. I would vote on "wait"

FrankU

Yes, Maybe you are right. It will be a more special lot.

It's a pity to delete a good lot isn't it? Mabe I turn this one into another stage 5 lot? Just deleting the visitors and the market stalls etc... and put some dirt, cattle and rubble on the lot.
I'll consider....

noahclem

It's really a lovely lot--ultimately I will vote to wait for Fred's props but I'm being a bit selfish since I will be using it later rather than sooner  ::)  I don't think you can go wrong either way.

gn_leugim

yes, if you change the front yard a bit it passes well for a stage 5 farm I say :)

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

FrankU

Half a year later.....

It looks like I have been lazy the last six months. This is besides the truth, but I won't bother you with the details.
Anyway, I have picked up the series of Dutch Reward replacement lots again.

The Farm Fair is still waiting for the Nexis Modern Farm Prop Packs, so you will have to wait a bit for that. It will probably be uploaded shortly after the Dutch Farm Pack that is still in the pipeline (do not fear: it will definitely be published as long as I am not going to end under a train).

This week I started with the Stock Exchange.
Vanderaap once made a beautiful BAT of the Amsterdam Diamond Exchange. What is more appropriate as building for an Exchange? The original was erected in 1910 on the Weesperplein in Amsterdam.
Here you can read more about it and if you know a bit Dutch you can even understand what is written there.  :D

Anyway, I tried to make the lot useful as an alternative to the Maxis Stock Exchange in case you like to make a more European looking historical city.

Here is the lot

Front

Right

Rear

Left

You like it?

The lot will come as Reward, as Landmark and as Landmark with jobs. CO$$$ jobs, I guess.

What do you think? Nice? Is CO$$$ the right type?

Frank

Serkanner

I like the lot a lot Frank. CO$$$ sounds right to me.  :thumbsup: 

vortext

Once again you've done a great job lotting!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana