• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Maxis Downloads

Started by Dreamcat, November 01, 2009, 12:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamcat

Friends, this looked as good a place as any to post this request.

Okay, so, I ahve a problem.  I can't access the official Maxis downloads (not the MEX, I'm talking like the Castle Ramparts set and things like that) which are dependencies for several of the items on the LEX.

I am simply not able to create an account there.  Product registration tells me the code (which I'm SURE is the correct code) is invalid.  I have a used copy, could that be the problem there?  I don't know.  It's a possiblity.

So, is it possible to present the previously mentioned items on a different page which doesn't require registration to simcity.com?  Or is that against the EULA (or insert other acronym here)?  Because I really need those downloads...

Thank you for any help any of you may be able to provide...

BarbyW

If you click on the Support button which is shown at the top of every page you can access some of the Maxis files. At the moment the landmarks are not available but I hope that jeronij will add them at some stage.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Dreamcat

Thank you, and yes, I have utilized that button in the past...very useful!
However, I must know...would Maxis let me download the landmarks without inputting my product code?

RippleJet

Quote from: Dreamcat on November 02, 2009, 03:46:03 PM
However, I must know...would Maxis let me download the landmarks without inputting my product code?

No, not from their official site.
However, they have endorsed other non-profitable sources as well, e.g. SC4Devotion and Zelgadis site, which has all Maxis landmarks available.

Dreamcat