• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Nation of Ankara

Started by Yoman, April 06, 2007, 08:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoman

Here is that update I promised, first some personal replies though.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Emilin - the fact that I have to reply to your new comment while posting the update totally screwed up my color scheme, hence why your reply is first :P glad you like the area though :D

BAT - Not much of an update, but thank you!

Badsim - that comment is extremely flattering coming from a city builder such as yourself :D

Snaper - Its suppose to be a nice Turkish style, but with the avalibility of Turkish BATs thats impossible so I've created this.

Thundercrack83 - Thank your for that welcome back, its been awhile since I last updated a CJ and feels good :D

Muzz - The street tree and sidewalk mod I use enhance it alot I believe, I don't know where I would be without those trees

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Today we are moving back to the capital city and visiting several well known districts including Bykeli Tepel, Yeillik Yol, and the Elçilik District. Most of these districts contain brightly colored and beautiful row homes of early 1900s vintage. Recently traffic has been getting worse in the center of Ankara and a third subway line was added with three more either in the planning stages or under construction. To supplement the subway until it is completed several temporary bus routes operate in the area as well. The districts we shall visit contain approximately 250.000 residents including some of the most prestigious people in the city.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We begin in the Bykeli Tepel area of the city. Bykeli Tepel translates to Ambassador Hill in english. It is named this because many of the ambassadors who represent their respective embassies have residences here. Most full size row homes in the area go for about 1.000.000 Unio, or around 1.800.000 American dollars. Nearby districts include Yeillik Yol which is sometimes referred to as part of the Bykeli Tepel area, and the Elçilik District, where many embassies are located.

In the above picture we can view two distinct landmarks of the Bykeli Tepel area, the Benzin & Zeytinyaðý Tower, home to the Ankara Oil Company, and the orange roofed row homes of the area.

In this picture the Benzin & Zeytinyaðý Tower's base and Sinek Street, which is a major thoroughfare in the area and intersects with the Yeillik Yol in the upper part of the picture. On the other angle of the Benzin & Zeytinyaðý Tower's base is Zafer avenue, which continues on all the way until the Grand National Assembly to the South.

In the above three pictures we can view the inner areas of the Bykeli Tepel area, containing the enormously expensive row homes. Some of the ambassadors that call the area home include the ambassadors to Calderwood, Krim, New Burgundy, French Fallenhain, and Cordria.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We will now move onto the Yeillik Yol area. This area is quite a thin one that occupies the two blocks on either side of the district's name sake, the Yeillik Yol. A thoroughfare dominated for its incredible trees and green median. On state visits to Ankara a drive down the historic street is mandatory. On National Day the street is closed down and handed over to paraders for celebrations.

Above are two views of the Yeillik Yol. The name Yeillik Yol translates to "Beautiful Way" in english.

In the above picture it is easy to identify the headquarters of KaraFone. An Ankara based cellular phone company that provides service in several countries. Also visible is this intersection between the Yeillik Yol and Sinek Street.

We have another view of the KaraFone HQ here as well as a view of Büyük Park, the main park of the city much like Central Park of New York City, and modeled after that park.

That took forever :P I hope you liked this new update, expect the Elçilik District in the next update, which I hope will be either tomorrow or the day after.

Xiziz

Great update comrade!

i really love those narrow streets and the climate of buildings really makes it feel like turkey(okay, so ive never been there, but it feels like turkey anyway!)

Great job, cant wait to see me! and it supprises me that i only saw two pictures before you posted the update, usually i get to see everything before!

LP`

Besides the fact that I feel the blue tower is overwhelming, a very good update. Nice greenways, good job of sticking it out with streets instead of upgrading to roads.

emilin

I got just what I wanted. ;D

It's a very good update. I especially like the place with two streets intersected by a park/greenbelt. It looks extremly realistic. I think that there might be a slight overuse of one of the houses (the orange-brownish pointy w2w building) but that is really just on a side note.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

Fantastic update! Nice park and great residential area! :thumbsup:

Snaper

It's wonderful

You are the first nobody whom I see who zone like me  $%Grinno$% ... Attention, I do not say that you copied from me... But considering I never saw that on another MD, that made odd  ;D  :thumbsup:

Cheer  &apls

aNdi

YAY!
Ankara is back :D

Good to see where our oil comes from  "$Deal"$
Berlin: Verdammt dazu ewig zu werden und niemals zu sein.

BATting projects. Currently: Berliner Stadtschloss

stewart_garden

Yoman,

I love the detail in your city - the narrow streets, the small strips of park and everyone's back gardens.  It makes it feel like the city is alive.  I will be coming back to visit more often.

Stewart
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

thundercrack83

Beautiful update, my friend! I'm so glad you're back! I love the big blocks of housing and the bustling traffic. Absolutely fantastic! I'll be looking forward to more!

sEAhAwk fAn121

amazing update yoman! the captions are great ;) lol

Muzz

Fantastic, it has such a unique feel! The Caladian ambassador's ridiculously expensive apartemnt was paid for by the taxpay- errr, his own mortgage........

PS When you get a second come on MSN, I have news (of the good kind) regarding a certain Helicopter Carrier.

Russell

nova vesfalo

YOurs city blocks are awesome, and quite realistic ! the big skycraper is a nice addition to the district ! You've made a ciy with its own feeling ! Can't wait for the next update !

infinitum19

wow really nice Owen! &apls Those buildings are my fave. Hail Ankara! :satisfied:

Shadow Assassin

Mmm, looks good. :P

Even though I don't like those skyscrapers you got there, it still is quite realistic - a lot like many cities around the world. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Owen Luby

Looking nice, Owen... (god that's weird)

Love those custom bats, so colourful!
I want SC4 back!!

Yoman

It is time for another update! But first I realized that I left this picture out of the last one for some odd reason :P

Xiziz - You only saw two pics  :P And I can just imagine you in turkey...might get arrested for drunkardness :P

LP - Bah, the overwhelmingness of the tower is the best part.

emilin - that house is most used in this district, it thins out later on but I really like that BAT, glad I satisfied you though :D

bat - Thank you!

Snaper - I've been zoning like this for awhile now...but that is quite cool to see someone else who zones like me, you do it quite well also!

aNdi - Black gold ;)

stewart_garden - Your always welcome to come back and I'm glad you liked the detail, because thats what I strive for.

thundercrack83 - Big blocks of housing? Bah, the slummy apartments are in future updates :P

sEAhAwk fAn121 - They better bee  $%#Ninj2 :P

Sól - Thank you

Muzz - Don't worry, he didn't have to pay extra for the wiretaps :P

Russell - Thank you.

nova vesfalo - Thats a real compliment, because I'm glad I've created a new feeling just as you have`

infinitum19 - yeah, get down and hail :P

Shadow Assassin - so when are slann and I getting the seaport lots?

Owen - Your right this is quite weird :P Thanks anyhow!

Today we shall be exploring the Elçilik District. This translates to Embassy District in english due to the fact that this is where most of the embassies from other nations are. Cutting right through the center of the district is the Mavi Yol, or Blue Way, a stone sided canal the forms the jewel of the area. Also located in this area is the Ankara Republican Hotel for the City of Ankara, a large 30 story structure that dominates the district.

In this first image there are two major buildings that can be viewed, in the center of the picture is the Nivramel Embassy, and on the bottom of the picture is the Ministry of the Interior, responsible for internal security.

In this next picture which is located just southeast of the first picture, one can see the Ministry of Justice, responsible for running Ankara's courts.

In this image we have a very good view of the Mavi Yol, along the southern bank (top of the image) we can see Stratum Central Ankara, a chain of stores operated by this Kinata based company. On the northern bank there are just some more extremely expensive rowhomes, and if one looks in the extreme bottom right, one can see the French Fallenhain Embassy.

This is perhaps my favorite picture, showing the intersection along the Mavi Yol, on the left is the front facade of the Ankara Republican Hotel, and on the right is the end of the Stratum Central Ankara complex. As one can see traffic is quite bad in the area, A light rail line was planned for the area but was scrapped because it would've disrupted traffic, a new subway extension is currently being examined however.

In this picture we can see the other end of the Stratum Central Ankara complex as well as the Calderwood embassy in the extreme lower left. The Ministry of Justice is also visible in the extreme lower right.

Some of these row homes now go for over 1.500.000 Union, or 2.400.000 American Dollars, better save up :P

A common view of Elçilik District row homes on the eastern fridge of the area. A 20 story apartment building (visible top left) was recently built in the extreme eastern areas of the Elçilik District, some criticized it at first but since its completion in 2005 it has become part of the landscape.

On the extreme western frindge of the district is the Ministry of Finance, a building completed in 1918 as a palace, it still stands today as a testament to Ankara being one of the most famous landmarks of the city.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thats all for now folks :P

LP`

The newer buildings seem to fit a lot better than they did in the previous update.

However... it continues to un-impress me being the mediocre pile of horse manure it is.

:P

bat

These new pictures are looking great! Wonderful work! :thumbsup: