• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Nation of Ankara

Started by Yoman, April 06, 2007, 08:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Another great update, Yoman! I love the buildings you chose to serve as your government structures, especially the Ministry of Finance building. And I love the canal snaking through the city, too! I'll be looking forward to the next update!

Owen Luby

Love that diagonal palace! It's pretty unique...

Nice job all up -- it's still lookin' great!! &apls $%Grinno$% ()stsfd() :satisfied:
I want SC4 back!!

aNdi

great stuff :D
though I´ve already seen some of the pics ^^
Ankara!!!
Berlin: Verdammt dazu ewig zu werden und niemals zu sein.

BATting projects. Currently: Berliner Stadtschloss

rooker1

Awesome MD, I wish I had come here before.  What an amazing start, I love your pics.  They are filled with so much life.  The canal looks great the way you have it laid out.

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Badsim

I thought firstly that everything to say has been already said : great ! So I have had just to let me go to my favorite pleasures : contemplation ...
...and decortication . $%Grinno$%

Finally , everything hasn't been said ... Your choice to use a lot of modded streets is really clever ; the amount of details and life , the traffic congestions due to them ... traffic congestion , you know , this thing to avoid in SC4 ...and everywhere in real cities . ::)

Well , all and each of these pictures are wonderful .

&apls &apls &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Snaper

It's very nice, I loveyour city and the environment which reigns there  :thumbsup:

Cheer Yoman  &apls

Yoman

Just stopping in once again to say I am not dead! Rather I've been playing STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl lately, and today, just playing with my new iPhone :P

But heres a teaser of the Financial District

PICTURE DELETED DUE TO THE BAD QUALITY OF IT

Edit: just messing around with the iPhone :P

dedgren

Owen- Can't wait to see your work in 3RR collaboration.  The new airport stuff is moving right along now.  Your pics, for someone as distracted by other fun as you sound, are just the right thing to wind up the day with.  Really easy on the eyes.

Take care with that iToy- tell me when they port SC4 onto it.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Snaper

Wonderful preview  &apls And good work this the LE

Bon jeu avec ton iPhone  ;D

bat

That's a great preview! Looking forward to that!

rooker1

Awesome teaser pic.  I'm very interested in seeing the rest of that building.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

Outstanding teaser, Yoman! I'll be looking forward to the next update. Have fun with your new iPhone!

Yoman

Just got back from Vancouver British Columbia Canada, hell of a flight....anyway look for something soon.

Emperor Stormont

Looking forward to it Owen, I loved the past few updates, so stunning, I've only really started to notice the wonderfulness of Ankara, fantastic work Owen.

I'll now be stopping by alot more often.... :satisfied:

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Yoman

REPLIES

LP - Glad you like my horse crap :P

BAT - Thank you!

thundercrack83 - Jeronij's canals seem to be perfect for inner city canals, both emilin and I have used them that way and they seem to work really well :D

Owen - Weird answering myself :P Thanks!

Andi - Sshhhh....its all new material noone has seen :P

rooker1 - Thank you, I'm always glad to welcome first time visitors!

Badsim - Oh, the master visits my CJ again :D I'm sure the traffic congestion sucks for the residents but it adds life to the city, and your right, I can't thank SFBT enough for that street mod, I should thank you too for the sidewalk textures :D

Snaper - thank you, always nice to see someone who builds like me around :D

David (Dedgren) - I really wouldn't be surprised if they can find a way to fit computer games on the iPhone, the only limitation might be the memory, its quite amazing, as always thanks for stopping in.

Snaper - I actually didn't touch the LE, I just have a new mod developed by me and two friends ;)

Bat - Well I want to rebuild it to make it better, but thank you!

rooker1 - Its quite an eye pleasing BAT by ill_tonkso, fits in perfectly with modern districts.

tundercrack83 - Thank you, I am indeed having tons of fun with it :D

belfastuniguy - Thanks stormont, always glad to see a familiar SCJU face around here

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next planned update was suppose to be on the financial district of Ankara, but I got bored of that city for now and moved the north coast of my map to build resorts, so guess what today's update is about, resorts on the north coast!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A Brief History on the North Coast

The North Coast of Ankara around the port city of Sinop is said to possess natural beauty that rivals the southern coast. Recently the Black Sea coast along the area has seen the growth of many resorts and summer towns for those city dwellers seeking to escape for the summer. People coming to the North Coast's beaches and resorts most often travel through Sinop International Airport, but recently the new high speed rail connection to Sinop has drawn more people via rail. The E12 motorway along the North Coast provides access to many of the small towns and resorts that have popped up in the last few years, running parallel to the E12 is the North Coast mainline which was just recently upgraded for electric operation. During the winter the North Coast resorts become ghost towns for the most part besides the few ski resorts located in the mountains, people wait in Sinop for the coming summer season which brings over 1 million tourists through the area. Attractions include the beaches, mountain biking / hiking, fishing, diving, and recently touring the Greek and ottoman ruins that dot the area.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here we see the summer resort town of Gençlik Meşgul. At the bottom of the picture is the main train station of the town on the North Coast Mainline, served by trains from Sinop Station, most occupants of the town and the near by resorts arrive by the train or the nearby E12 motorway.

Another view of the train station and surrounding buildings. Most of the apartments in this picture are the second houses of city dewellers who come to their second home to escape for a vacation along the Coast.

These condos with an Ocean view can go for up to one million Unio for their great views and close location to beach access as well as the quality of the condo itself. Throughout the year the owners of these condos rent them out to people on business in the area as hotels or to other vacationers.

The North Coast is also home to a large number of wine vineyards, producing red wines such as Öküzgözü. Traditional methods are used to power the vineyards such as windmills. The wine produced is mostly sold domestically within Ankara but recently it has been exported in larger quantities to Europe and America.

The main attraction in the area is of course a day at the beach. The beaches in the area are calm almost year round and are roughly 23 C or 73 F, a comfortable temperature for swimming. Just off the coast are many fishing grounds for a day of fishing. One major drawback however is the lack of lifeguards on most beaches, and only a few at the major beaches, this may have been the cause of a number of drowning deaths last summer.

Throughout the area besides the small resort towns and summer condos are a number of high rise hotels. This one in particular is owned by Ankara Republican Hotels. Set into the hillside it provides goregeous views of the Black Sea coast and the surrounding mountains and hills. The hotel provides several activities and trolleys to the privately owned beach. Directly below the hotel are farm fields that produce the vegetables used in the hotel's kitchens.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thats all for today, look out for more updates about the North Coast resorts soon. Also I'd like to thank Iamgoingtoeatyou for helping me with image editing on this update.

Filasimo

great update owen! i like the view and layouts :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Emperor Stormont

Now that was just fabulous work. Love the use of what seems to be custom content and the feel of Sinop, truly great wotk indeed Owen  :P

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

iamgoingtoeatyou

Looks great Owen! :D Looks like a really great place to vacation, I have my eyes on those condos, Any of them going on sale soon? Also, all I did was show you how to move a line up and down to fix the 'curves', it was really nothing that special :P

bat

Wonderful pictures and great update! :thumbsup:

Xiziz

I liked the result here, its changed quite a lot since the preview/development pictures i saw :P