• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

a draggable item (ie like roads etc) query

Started by jigsaw, December 13, 2009, 11:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jigsaw

is it possible to create a new drag-able item for sc4 that is not transit enabled, and can appear in the region menu table? (and without puzzle or starter pieces)???

i quite often use drag-able streets to design future planning and ideas around my cities and regions, but the problem is streets cannot be drawn diagonal (without using tricks etc)

i would love to see if a "marker/boundary" drag-able could be invented, available in one or more colours, purely for the purpose of drawing and planning that can be visible on a regional scale as well as in the city mode. ideally it would act as road, can be drawn straight or diagonally, can be bulldozed just as easy as road, but not tranist enabled. i would love such a 'planning tool', and would love it to be in yellow, orange or light blue.
i think it would be a handy device for lots and lots of us.

thanks.
insert signature here

jplumbley

This is definitely possible, but it would have to have a starter piece.

I could use the RULs from SAM to do this, although the limit to streets is the diagonals are forced to stay on flat land.  The textures could be very simplistic, and there would be no SC4Path files required.  The Starter Pieces are in place, just inactive.

If I find some time I may look into this.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM