• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[REL] SCAG Airbus Project

Started by joelyboy911, January 18, 2010, 01:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muxcomee

that looks brilliantly yummy.  ;D
very nice indeed cant wait for the release!!!!!
first one on page 7 yay.

i_love_lamp

Wow, thats more brilliant that Guiness commercials
and i love that BMI A330

KoV Liberty

Hey Joel, I've been going over the entirety of the project and I have one thing to say about it looks damn great! You have done an awesome job on this! But I have one concern (not really a concern but a question really). In this pic of the American A300:

Whats with the white stipe after all the windows and when the iconic American stripes end? Is that just a reflection thing? I've taken a look at all American A300s and I've never seen the white stripe. I was just wondering if it was possible to fix the issue if it is one.

Thanks, Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Quote from: philly_boy on January 27, 2010, 04:16:27 PM
Actually, Olympic Airlines were the flag carrier of Greece until October 2009, when it was sold and re-named to Olympic Air... The livery is different now, but I like the old one better :)

Great job btw!  &apls

Olympic AIr will be again the flag carrier of Greece in October 2010!!!
It will merge with the current flag carrier Aegean Airlines!
75% is going to be still owned by Aegean but they will fly under Olympic's name and logo

Kumba

Quote from: KoV Liberty on June 14, 2010, 05:29:53 PM

Whats with the white stipe after all the windows and when the iconic American stripes end? Is that just a reflection thing? I've taken a look at all American A300s and I've never seen the white stripe. I was just wondering if it was possible to fix the issue if it is one.

What you talking about? The white stripe does continue after the last exit door, a 2 minute photo search turned up this,
http://www.airliners.net/photo/American-Airlines/Airbus-A300B4-605R/1683503/M/
As far as I'm concerned the photo matches the rendering perfectly.
______ F L Y  S C A G J E T S ______
The Most Reliable, Helpful, Diverse SimCity Aerospace Group LOTs BATs and MODs

joelyboy911

Quote from: Kumba on June 15, 2010, 11:51:38 AM
What you talking about? The white stripe does continue after the last exit door, a 2 minute photo search turned up this,
http://www.airliners.net/photo/American-Airlines/Airbus-A300B4-605R/1683503/M/
As far as I'm concerned the photo matches the rendering perfectly.

I tried to talk to you about it on MSN - but I think Kumba's right. Certainly, I based the livery off photo's I had seen, mostly on Airliners.net. As far as I am concerned, it's already been rendered and included in MMPs and lots, and it certainly resembles American Airlines closely enough for all but the pickiest AA fans.

If you want to clarify the part of the plane you're talking about, feel free to do so. The red, white and blue cheatlines (as they are known) do indeed come to an end near the rear of the plane, before the tail section, inside the part of the fuselage that is painted white.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

scottott999

I believe he is talking about the white tail section of the fuselage.   Some American planes only painted the tail itself white while the entire fuselage remained silver.   The newer paint scheme has a white tail as well as the white fuselage after the red, white and blue stripes end.  It becomes a little more confusing as some of the the older planes with the silver fuselage tend to reflect the white tail.  Below is an example of both.  You can also see a reflection of the white reflection around the base of the fin in the fist photo

http://www.unitedfreeworld.com/Downloads/livery/models/A380/American%20Airlines/AmericanAirlines.jpg

http://www.aviationexplorer.com/Commercial_Airliners-Military_Aircraft_Pictures/AMERICAN_AIRBUS_A300-600.jpg

Long story short....Its fine.

Kumba

Quote from: scottott999 on June 15, 2010, 02:11:10 PM
I believe he is talking about the white tail section of the fuselage.   Some American planes only painted the tail itself white while the entire fuselage remained silver.   The newer paint scheme has a white tail as well as the white fuselage after the red, white and blue stripes end.  It becomes a little more confusing as some of the the older planes with the silver fuselage tend to reflect the white tail.  Below is an example of both.  You can also see a reflection of the white reflection around the base of the fin in the fist photo

http://www.unitedfreeworld.com/Downloads/livery/models/A380/American%20Airlines/AmericanAirlines.jpg

http://www.aviationexplorer.com/Commercial_Airliners-Military_Aircraft_Pictures/AMERICAN_AIRBUS_A300-600.jpg

Long story short....Its fine.

While there are different versions of the American Airline livery on different model of aircrafts such as the 737, 767, and so on, the point is that the A300 paint job is virtually identical to the real paint job that American did.

(BTW there is no A380 livery for American yet, as seeing they haven't ordered any yet :) )
______ F L Y  S C A G J E T S ______
The Most Reliable, Helpful, Diverse SimCity Aerospace Group LOTs BATs and MODs

joelyboy911

Quote from: Kumba on June 15, 2010, 10:25:55 PM
(BTW there is no A380 livery for American yet, as seeing they haven't ordered any yet :) )

Yah, and that link didn't work for me anyway.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

joelyboy911

Quote from: scottott999 on June 14, 2010, 07:13:12 PM
How about something for my South American friends???

How about these ones???

My father flew on both of these aircraft from Auckland when he went on business to South America.  :)
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

i_love_lamp

thats awesome! But how about a Delta/Northwest A330?

WC_EEND

already requested, check the A330/A340 request thread ;)
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

jpj_starfleet

I love the LAN plane! did you know that Aerolineas Argentinas has a new paint scheme?
http://www.aerolineas.com.ar/home.asp

joelyboy911

@Lamp: Yes, they're on the way. I have a few US-based carriers on the way - Hawaiian, US Airways and Delta Airlines. I'll do a North-American themed update shortly, also including a few from Air Canada.

@jpj_starfleet: Thank you, yes I saw it, but I think I'll wait for a real plane to be painted like that before I make the livery. It looks very modern and the colouring of it reflects Argentina more, I think (the flag).

Well, as it turns out, I missed one of my favourite airline liveries from the big British special: Monarch.

Here she is:

Until tomorrow, enjoy!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

i_love_lamp

nice! I love Monarch's livery, and it looks awesome in HIGH DEFINITION.
Btw, any word on when any of these will be released?

joelyboy911

@Lamp: Thank you. No, I have no idea, sorry.

Here's a random grouping of liveries:

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Gilikov1994

Great Joel ;)!

Are there on the Emirates and the Thai ones no registration code :P?
Wish you all the best,

- Giel :thumbsup:
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

[Delta ²k5]

Great busses! I love the A340 and A330's! BUT I think that the A380's nose looks a bit weird. I think that you should overwork the windscreen as they play a big role on the whole nose design. The ones at the front are smaller then the ones on the sides of the cockpit.

Also the top of the cockpit should be rounder a bit. Also the tailfin should be more look like the one from the A340-600 :thumbsup: Critique is alway better than nothing :D

KoV Liberty

@Joel: Yes, the white strip was what i was talking about. I fly American all the time but I've never seen it. Must've just been not where I was.

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.