• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Archipelago - Update 30 - Eddington

Started by kodlovag, August 13, 2010, 03:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter007

kodlovag

Replies

marsh: Well, you are not the first who didn't like them. I will remove the pink ones, before starting my new region. I will keep the blue ones, because many of them are office, and I have very low variety of offices.

Bernhard (Nardo69): Thank you. Have you lived in Hungary?

peter007: Thank you too.

Update 17 - Amsterdam #2

OK, we are circling around in the region. Amsterdam comes again, it grow to double size in this round.
First some suburban areas

Then the city center. Canals and parks are really missing from this little Amsterdam, but this is still just a test city.

This is the city from bird view, and the finished building selector mod.

And finally, what else, the region view. I built a river to fill in the empty space. I think it makes the region more realistic.

Visit my MD, welcome to Archipelago

RickD

You are doing a great job with the building sets. I had thouht it would take you much longer. The tile overview looks really great.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

daryl7478

This is my first time reading this and it looks great! What happened to your old region (the one from earlier pages)? Dutch buildings look really beautiful doesn't it?

EDIT: I didn't realize that I was the 3,100th reader! Keep it up!

peter007

WoW, I hope I can get the MOD if you publish it on the STEX

MandelSoft

Looks great, Kodlovag, although I miss one thing in the Amsterdam-styled city: canals!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Girafe

Impressive work, nice mix between city and fields  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Tomas Neto

bat

Congrats for the OSITM-award!
And your city is really fantastic. Some nice pictures of it...
Looking forward to more... ;)

kodlovag

Replies

RickD: It was long time to build the sets. I started downloading the buildings at the beginning of the year. Then I edited their exemplars with PIM-X. Now I'm finalizing them, and possible to use, but there are still no highrise buildings in the sets. Many more work required to finish. I feel it will never be done. I always will find new buildings to include.

Daryldaryl7478: I worked on my old region for a year, but I realized, that it is not very similar to European cities, and wall to wall development is missing from it. So I was somewhat disappointed with it. I also realized, that it is possible to make W2W cities in many different style. I didn't want to left it unfinished, but I had no any new idea to continue building. So I stated it's done! :D I archived it and started this MD to give it eternal life. Now I'm working on these new sets and will use it in my new and even better region.

Ernstpeter007: This set will probably be never published as a mod. It would be great, but there are some serious problems. At this state it's over 400MB, +dependencies.  Secondly it contains many peoples work, and I should ask for approval from all of them to include their buildings. If I just add the building models to a dependency list, that list would have over 200 items! Nobody would ever collect it. So there is only a low chance of publishing.

Marteenmrtnrln: There are no canal plugins installed in this test region. You must wait for the my next region. Coming in next month!

Girafe, Tomas Neto, bat, and everybody else: Thank  you. And keep commenting!

Update 18 - Wien #2, Everything else except building sets

There are no major changes in the city of Wien, it's just slightly bigger now.

Of course there are major changes... I forgot about the airport and RHW were built.

And finally, the region. Not much left to finish it.

Battlecat

scott1964

metasmurf

Nardo69

Well, yes, 1993 I studied half a year at the Technical University in Budapest. I lived there in a normal student dorm in Buda between the Szábádság híd and the Petöfi híd.  At that time I even was able to speak hungarian. :) Unfortunately I haven't been in Hungary since then  :'( and forgot all hungarian.  /wrrd%&

And before someone asks: No, haven't use airplanes at that time. I entered an airplane for the first but unfortunately not the last time in 1995. In 1993 I used the train (Orient Express: Paris Gar de l'Est - Karlsruhe - Stuttgart - Munich - Wien with destination coaches to Budapest Keleti pu (Déli pu would have been closer for me). I really did enjoy that ride. :)

BTT: I love that industrial spread and your RHWs (and feel a bit ashamed that I couldn't master it by now)

Great work with the suburbs in the previous update, too. I just don't like these level crossing at both sides of the station ...  $%Grinno$%

Take care!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Nice city! I like the industrial/warehouse area, the airport, and that last RHW interchange with OWR roundabouts  :thumbsup:

kodlovag

Replies

Bernhard (Nardo69): I also finished in the Technical University of Budapest. But at that time when you were here I only started high school. Now the universty has a new name: Budapest University of Technology and Economics. Otherwise nothing really changed, just have the new Faculty of Economics.
I spent several weeks at the Technical University of Berlin during my PhD, but I've never learned any German.
And level crossings are rulez! At least in this Test Region...  ;D

Battlecat, Tomas Neto, scott1964, metasmurf, noachlem: Thank you

And keep kommenting

Update 19 - Rome #2

I have a short time only to make this update, I must go to work.

And this is the end of the region. Testing is finished, however building sets are still not complete. But good enough to start playing a new region.

Speedbump Joey

Very fun read!

Excellent work and it is fun to see what you are trying to achieve and your thought process that goes into it! I must say I love your highway interchanges and how each different test city truly does have a unique flavor to it!

Battlecat

Great stuff!  Love the way those suburbs sprawl up the hill.

Tomas Neto

Awesome pictures, your city is fantastic!!!