• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred_Ginger

Hello again TTC, so glad I could drop in again (I still have no clue as to why my WI-FI router got messed up) to see the last two updates!  What a lovely little village!  Is the cattle auction new, I've not been on line for a few days and haven't checked the LEX in weeks....
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

Russell

What a lovely animation, TTC! I need to learn how to do that immediately...  ()testing()

Diggis

TTC, nice update.  Look forward to seeing more soon. Oh, and thanks for the tea, do you do hot chocolate too?

sebes

Hi Derry - good work on that cattle auction! And nice anymation too, well done  :thumbsup:

I'll make you a cuppa for you to enjoy and relax!  Earl Grey or Darjeeling?

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Ennedi

I like it, TTC!

I'm not familiar with cattle auctions, but looking at your animation I see the following scheme:
1. All the day - auction
2. At the sunset - everybody takes his cows and goes home
3. At the evening - cows stay at home, their owners come back and make a nice party  ;)

I have a little present for you - maybe you will find a place for it in one of your famous pubs

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Strechnitz

Well TTC I too have a great love for the outdoors. I live in a big city myself but I do love the countryside and nature. not as a typical cityslicker who has no clue how thinks the country is just pretty and fashionable but as someone who's family has lived there for generations and generations. pitty much of it is transformed into suburban s**t.

as for the Cattle auction, the animation does not work for me sadly, can't see it. but I'm sure it is great. BTW I don't have to see prime beef to know I like it on my plate :) mjammy!

Strechnitz

threestooges

Good to be back (and to give you an idea of just how longs it's been: I'll answer your last question to me with "a plain oolong will be fine, but I'm not picky") A month later, and what strides you have made. The changes to the farms again show your acute attention to detail. The hard drive issue is nothing fun to work through (I found a problem with mine while diagnosing the reason why the fan assembly on my laptop could serve as a heating coil for a oven... fixed it through the warranty thank goodness) but I'm glad to hear your setback was solved more-or-less painlessly. I was going to throw in my two cents regarding the water and the castle, but I'm kind of glad I didn't get the chance, what you came up with is a stunning attraction/addition. Take it easy and I'll be waiting to see what you come up with next.

Ennedi

New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Schulmanator

This is a great MD! The monkeys would like to bring over a basket of banana scones to have with some tea. Very enjoyable-- easy on the eye and a good read!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

TheTeaCat

Afternoon All

Got your cuppa? Sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin this update. ;D

Replies

Patfirefghtr: Great to see you here again my friend. Yes comfy cushion very very comfy :D Hope you like this little experiment then?

Belfastuniguy: Got the kettle on for you :thumbsup:  glad you made it in ;) Thank you very much :thumbsup:

Thundercrack83 : Thank you ;) Yes a very successful day with all the beasts sold. The look on the managers face was a bit like this ->  ()stsfd()

Bat: thank you as always.

Fred_Ginger: Vicki its great to see you back. The cattle auction is the one by our very own Colyn Cattle auction linkie

Russell: Thank you. (Go to the site in the pic - its where i got the stufft o do it  ;) )

Diggis: Thank you. yes more on the way stay tuned. As for the tea - No Worries mate :thumbsup:

Sebes: Thank you. works well doesnt it - its all in the timing as they say.  Cuppa oooh yes please  ;D
Assam if you don't mind ;) Darjeeling if not and please don't ever mention that other one.
Perfumed Tea uuugh  ( shivers ooooh yuck ) No thanks   $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

Ennedi: Thank you squire :thumbsup: Well I suppose they have to celebrate the opening with a BBQ and a few bevvies (drinks)  I just love the second pic. thanks a lot!!!

So thats what happened to cousin Wilberforce. Whatever it was it looks like it scared the %&*$ outta him  :D :D

Stechnitz: Great to see you back again :thumbsup:  Pretty much the same as me. I lived in a village 5 miles from town but now that village is part of the town. All in about 20 yrs too &mmm Progress eh?
As for animation edited link so should work now  ;)

Threestooges Great to welcome you back :thumbsup:. Hard disks grr the bane of my life  $%Grinno$%. As for the castle - thanks a lot. It wasn't easy lemme tell you but at least the pub was handy ::) for tea breaks obviously

Schulmanator: Thank you for dropping by. The monkeys are always welcome for a cuppa and if they bring cake - then even more so.  :D

Please ask them to refrain from dropping banana skins all over the place though except on April 1st when we all like a good laugh :D :D :D

----------------------------

Ok whats been happening. Well truth to tell not a lot really. RL took its toll for the past few weeks so it was difficult to get much work done in TatTT. And besides the CAM arrived so was messing about with that. Got some interesting pics regarding the cam and the difference it makes.

Ok then. Its a very basic area. Argi zoned, no industry, no commerce and a little residential zone as the test bed. Power provided by one windmill, no water. 

I ran the game for 5 years in each scenario. Once with just the NAM installed, with radical ordinance with increase agriculture ordinance working and finally with the CAM only

With Nam only (Essentially vanilla)
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2043/ruralcamelotnamiz2.swf

With Rad Ordinance (Increase agriculture)
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7112/ruralcamelotrdoyh1.swf

With Cam only installed
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4161/ruralcamelotcamgl3.swf

One thing i have noticed is the proliferation of pedrianna's plants that appear with the cam if all the agricultural zones are large. Interesting to see the difference between each though.

methinks -  This new mod could be fun :D

OOOh the kettle's boiled time for a cuppa

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Bravo Derry Bravo.........  Those shots look as its live and in game i love it... BTW what in the world is that flower looking thing.... you know you can use the BSC BLOCK mod to kill maxie farms to get all custom and cam farms to grow....  see you next update my friend - pat your friend

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Great update, TTC! That is looking very nice! Looking forward to more...

TheTeaCat

Quote from: patfirefghtr on August 11, 2007, 10:57:56 AM
  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Bravo Derry Bravo.........  Those shots look as its live and in game i love it... BTW what in the world is that flower looking thing.... you know you can use the BSC BLOCK mod to kill maxie farms to get all custom and cam farms to grow....  see you next update my friend - pat your friend

Shots brought to you courtesy of The TeaTime Channel  ::)

Cheers dude. Yes I know about the bsc blocker. I do use it. I just wantd to see how the cam played without  anything else to screw it up.  Been experimenting with cam See what I found linkie

Flower looking thing??? thats gonna be my new town centre (I Hope  :D)

Bat : Thanks dude. Always great to see the premier poster call in. Always very welcome :thumbsup:

TTC
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

thundercrack83

Great update, TTC! I like the comparisons you given us with your videos. Glad to hear that the CAM is running smoothly for you, and I hope to see more development!

Schulmanator

Very nice! You have been CAMming it up indeed! Next cup is on me!

:sunny:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Fred_Ginger

TT, so glad you are playing around with the CAM!  I'm looking forward to your reports on it and it's effects!  To tell you the truth I'm sorta intimidated by it as I seem to have forgotten every thing I knew about computers (except how to type) so with you testing it out I'll find out if I want to install it! ;D
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

Ennedi

TTC,

From the scientific point of view your experiment was very well planned  :thumbsup: Of course it would be interesting what would happen after 100 years or more  ;D but as every serious investigator you should to find a sponsor  :D

I like such actions, that's a real cooperation between creators and players  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions

shoreman905

Derry, I have been so busy with adding the final details to CAM that I haven't had time to drop by and see this fine effort of yours. We could have used you as a CAMster. I want to advise you that some very, very nice farms are going to be released for CAM soon. I had the privilige of working with them during testing, and honestly, they are some of the finest farming and rural lots I have ever seen. I truely look forward to seeing how you use them when released.  :thumbsup: from a CAMster.

Snaper

Hi TTC,

I love, I love this village, very realistic

Bravo l'ami, it's beautiful  &apls

TheTeaCat

Evening All

Got your cuppa? Sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin this update.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal replies

Thundercrack83: Thanks. Thought you might like the comparison :) Still not 100%
happy with the cam. not sure about it but at the mo will keep on with it:)

Schulmanator: Thank you ;) indeed I have. As i said above still unsure about it.
But will keep persevering. Tea for me :) :) :) :)
ps Can you see the climbing frame for the monkeys when they visit Tivoli?

Fred_Ginger: Vicki wonderful to have you call again. The Cam its good but tuff.
In its own way its like trying to play on hard for the very first time especially when you
play on hard level all the time. OOOOh Soooooooooo tempted to play on easy  $%Grinno$%
Think of the CAM like Dr.Pepper - Try it you might like it lol

Ennedi: Thank you. I remembered a little about doing science experiments from
school. Good grief  ()what() I remembered something from SCHOOL  :D :D :D - how long ago was
that .... 5yrs ....10yrs .....15yrs ......20yrs .... ok gonna stop counting about now lol.

I wanted to let the experiment run for longer but didn't have the time at the time.  $%Grinno$%
Yes I am looking for a sponsor- in fact I'm always looking for a sponsor heehee.
Well it gives a different look  at it for everyone and I thought after all the
effort people put in i should put a little effort in too :)

Shoreman905: Thank you and I am honoured that you would think me
qualified to help.  :thumbsup: Its a tuff little cookie to crack considering the way I used to play.  $%Grinno$%
Lots of cheats to take care of the mundane stuff.
Oh for some air/water pollution mod that would work with the CAM.
New farms yippee I love rural gonna check the lex everyday from now on (like I do anyhow ;) )

Snaper: It is great to see you back again mon ami. Thank you very much indeed.
Keep on eye out more villages to come :)

Now for some pics to keep you all happy :) Ok sorry some are larger than others. To be honest I forgot to resize them the way I like to do them. ::)

From Tivoli

Overview of town/village to come but these will have to do  ::)

Planting done for the day

Tivoli Station Not long after morning rush hour

Tivoli station just before that last train arrives- really busy eh?

Tivoli main street with the artists quarter

The opencast mine

Some close ups :)

Hope you all enjoyed these :)

Aaaah Kettle's has boiled:

TTC