• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Farms North of Grasmere () My SC4 MD Scrapbook

Started by Vizoria, October 08, 2014, 02:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Themistokles

:thumbsup: The area with the red brick apartment complexes looks especially realistic. Looking forward to seeing the wilderness :)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Kergelen

So many details and amazing overviews. I love the way you combine so many and diferent custom content. &apls &apls
Delecto's area looks wonderful.

Loking forward to see the dam!

Do you use a replacement mod for the street-parking, correct? With girafe cars?

Links to SC4 websites

kbieniu7

I repeat mattb325 - I love the curvy highways and the road layout in the city. Guess it's quite congested during rush hours! And all this details - parks, markets, little squares - excellent. About the bonus, what I see there, you do it very well! I'm sure you will do it great! :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Vizoria

Replies:

mattb325: Thank you!

vortext: Thanks for the linked mods, but I have tried all of them and they don't work on SAM networks or OWR networks. I'm glad you are enjoying the recent entries.

Themistokles: Thanks! I added them in to break up the repetition of 5*5 mid-rise American apartment blocks.

Kergelen: I love to mix and match the new and old. Also I don't use a replacement mod for street parking.

kbieniu7: Thanks, I love to infill the areas with little details where possible. Finally the dam is complete.

{---}

Entry 30- The Countryside

This ain't a Christmas entry, I don't celebrate Christmas, but here at last is the agriculture from Annuq. I hope you enjoy it.

{---}

Without a doubt this is my favourite area of Annuq.

In this part I'm going to show the northern half of the farmland.

I use terrain brushes to add another terrain texture on top of the current terrain. The JENX Poseidon mod is a real game-changer strictly because of its terrain brushes, I really wish there were more terrain brushes available. HD terrain textures are so good they make a lot of MMPs redundant in some areas.

Moving away from cattle grazing land...

MMP fields may take some time to create, but the organic look of them is second to none.

This is why I hardly use crop fillers because they look too orthogonal and grid-like.

One only needs two different flora MMPs mixed together to get some impressive visuals.

I reckon there are hundreds of different MMP combinations using just two MMPs, I have not really explored mixing three or more flora MMPs together.

A flora MMP on its own looks a bit insubstantial, add in another suitable flora MMP and this thickens the look.

The M134 highway. This connects up with a massive interchange and the M134 merges into the M4.

FAR highway is cool.

A field of dull pink.

The stone walls are a VIP creation- http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26807-vip-aubracwallmmp/. They look very similar to stone walls in the Pennines.

The stone walls are both ploppable and MMP.

A field of green.

Believe it or not coniferous forests can exist in hot, drier environments, the Canary Islands is one example of this. So that's why there are coniferous trees next to more arid areas in this section of the countryside.

North of Annuq the environment becomes more arid, not exactly desert but still rather dry.

A took a picture in this area and it ended up in the Simtropolis best picture hall of fame.

A pond provides much needed water to these willow trees.

Moving eastwards now towards the M134/M4 interchange.

The M134 starts to split up.

The M134/M4 interchange.

With the NAM 34 I could have built a two-laned flex-fly pass which would have been far more convenient!

{---}

A Christmas Bonus

The hydroelectric dam is complete. I will post more pictures of it once I have completed work on the city tile.

Another cattle pasture.

Different MMP field variations, I am also working with an allotment set to.

Also I'm trying to blend industry into a more rural setting.

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

feyss

As I already said somewhere else, I like how your rural area looks natural. I also like the power line  :)

Nanami

Seeing your pictures, my first impression is those MMP must be a lot of legwork... in the end its really pay off by creating pretty realistic scenes!  &apls Also that FAR RHW looks really break the game 4-way grid system, very nice! :thumbsup:

Vizoria

Replies:

compdude787: Thank you very much!

feyss: Thanks, the MMPs are the best way of creating organic looking farmland.

Nanami: Cheers! And yes the MMPs do take a lot of time, but creating MMP fields is rather relaxing.

{---}

Entry 31: A Video Montage

The Simtropolis version of this CJ/MD is now two years old, so I put together a montage video of various pictures from those two years set to Cliff Martinez's suburb soundtrack for the movie Traffic. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/v/4kDrC32rm7A

This Thursday I will post another update from Annuq with more farmland and countryside.

compdude787

This is how you embed YouTube videos on this site:
[flash=800,500]https://www.youtube.com/v/4kDrC32rm7A[/flash]

Note that I got rid of the /watch?v= part and changed it to /v/. Doing this is essential to get a YouTube video to show up properly on this site.

But anyway, that's a nice slideshow of all the photos of your cities! I really liked seeing all of them.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Vizoria

Quote from: compdude787 on December 28, 2015, 09:24:17 AM
This is how you embed YouTube videos on this site:
[flash=800,500]https://www.youtube.com/v/4kDrC32rm7A[/flash]

Note that I got rid of the /watch?v= part and changed it to /v/. Doing this is essential to get a YouTube video to show up properly on this site.

But anyway, that's a nice slideshow of all the photos of your cities! I really liked seeing all of them.

Thanks compdude787 for the help!

Themistokles

Nice :thumbsup: and the soundtrack really brought forth the grimy feel of the city.

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Vizoria

Replies:

compdude787: I'm glad you enjoyed the video.

Themistokles: Thank you! I needed something rough and relentless, in the music, to emphasise that grimy feeling.

{---}

Entry 32- Agriculture and the Village of Orksley

Continuing with the agricultural entries, here is another one from Annuq. Enjoy!

{---}

This entry focuses on the farmland south of the M134.

The tour begins at this farm and shall end here to.

The road to the farm can get a little muddy at times.

FrankU's greenhouses in action.

The track forms a hairpin so that the tractor can turn around without having to go upon the field.

South of all the farmland is some medium-sized manufacturing plants.

Oxide's Steel Fabrication Works.

A small camping site just north of the village of Orksley.

This interchange on the M134 is one of the main entrances to Orksley.

And here is the village of Orksley. Bound by the railway, the fields and the M134.

The Orksley farmer's market.

I extended the farmer's carpark with some MMPs.

Tapper's Pond.

A sports field for American football.

The Orksley Tavern and Haurice's Greenery. Haurice's Greenery sells fresh food produce.

This field is unruly so send in the pigs. A pig will devour through anything organic, hence the expression as greedy as a pig.

And here are the fields East of Orksley.

Fields which the busy M4 motorway passes right by.

The thing with MMPs is the freedom to use them. Why just have a simple fence bordering a field when instead there can be a row of trees?

Moving northwards now.

A farmer inspects his flock of sheep.

Which takes us back to the farm. The tour is complete.

{---}

The next entry will be up this Saturday, enjoy the New Year!

Catalyst

How time consuming it must be to plop those fields of MMP's! It pays off though; the differences in terrain color look amazing from a distance, well done  &apls

Dantes

Girafe

Lovely pictures.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I definitively see few of them as strong candidate for the pictures competition  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Themistokles

Fields are looking really good as always. The amount of variation in the field textures together with the added details like the stones in the pigs' field bringt the landscape to life :thumbsup:

kbieniu7

Youre nature is stunnig! All the flora you use - trees, bushes and grass fits toghether perfectly! I like especially the semi-dry terrain.

The developement (including highways) blends with pasture areas and fields very well. You're good at it! Great job!

By the way, may I ask, where did you get those greenhouses from?  ::)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

FlyHigh

That is such a beautiful application of MMPs. Have you ever thought of recording your sessions and publish them? I'd love to see you do your magic! Or maybe some tutorials?  ;)
>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

Nanami

manga rivotra

I missed some great updates.....
Your work with the MMP, especially for agricultural areas is very original and transcribed perfectly intensive farming,
in a very realistic way.  :thumbsup: