• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - Show us your CAM Cities

Started by RippleJet, August 02, 2007, 12:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

Mass Transit will always be needed in a fully developed CAM City, especially serving the CBD's ;)

JoeST

Here is a better pic of my whole city:

and one of the whole region

it is kinda very undeveloped, this is because this region is my test region for learning how to use the cam, and i have only had chance to build these cities while downloading all the dependancies and things

heres one of the city to the left of the big one

and heres the city above the big one

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

bat

Great pictures of that Cam City, star.torturer! :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

Well, this is my first city with the CAM. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

BarbyW

Nice one, SA, and showing that CAM does not have to mean tower blocks everywhere. Hopefully when you have some industrial lots in the region you will see stage 6 and 7 farms appearing in a different city.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

bat

Great looking CAM city! Also nice pictures of that farms!

Rayden

Nice work SA, however, one small tip, leave a one tile gap between roads and farm fields, specially if you have residential zones on the opposite side of those roads, so, it doesn't look so odd those sidewalks touching the farms. Fill that gap with trees or something else that fits and use a street going from the road to the farm zone, like the pic bellow.

Pat

Rayden i love your cam city that is realllllll sweeet and awsome  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jacqulina

awesome cam citys wonderfull farms &apls &apls

bat

Great picture of your nice city, Rayden! :thumbsup:

tooheys

Here are a few pic's from a couple of cities in my region.

The first few from  a city started after CAM was installed:

And these from a city which was underway at the time of installation, I let CAM have it's way here to see what would happen:

That tower caught me a bit bt surprise and took an eon to grow.

shoreman905

Nice development Dave. You are right the really big ones take forever it seems. And as always, CAM and nitelights were made for each other.  &apls

JoeST

Nice cities all. Here are some more of mine.

My Region now has over a million sims residing in it, even with only 4 medium city tiles in use:

(ps sorry about the large highlighted tile lol)

My biggest city, the bottom right one, has over 500000 sims, even after the shocking trouble with water.

The second largest city (top left) has just increased its population to over 200000 sims.

The third and forth cities both have over 100000 sims each

I dont think i have grown anything above stage 13 yet

Hope you like them.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

spring_onions

Azure City (the first and experimental CAM city...)
-medium size city
-250k+ population

Mint City (teh 2nd CAM city and this time, i'm trying to make it look less compact)
-medium size city
-100k+ population

Regional View
tee hee....

>>>next project=make a farming town and an industrial city.......

RippleJet

Quote from: tooheys on August 19, 2007, 03:18:19 AM

That tower caught me a bit bt surprise and took an eon to grow.

Tooheys, this is the first evidence of the stage 15 Velacosma growing, with 23,375 CO§§§ jobs. :thumbsup:
The maximum construction time is actually 255 days, since that property is a byte (UInt8).

Quote from: spring_onions on August 19, 2007, 09:26:41 AM
Azure City (the first and experimental CAM city...)
-medium size city
-250k+ population

Spring_onions, did that Empire State building grow on it own? In that case, this is the first report of it growing as a stage 14 CO§§§! :)

Pat

Rj i know for a fact dave ( tooheys ) grew his... that is amazing to see the first reports of stage 15 woohoo  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

spring_onions

@Rj
nope, that's only the landmark......
the highest stage i have right now is stage 12....
my regional population isn't big enough, though i'm working on it right now.....

Shadow Assassin

QuoteNice work SA, however, one small tip, leave a one tile gap between roads and farm fields, specially if you have residential zones on the opposite side of those roads, so, it doesn't look so odd those sidewalks touching the farms. Fill that gap with trees or something else that fits and use a street going from the road to the farm zone, like the pic bellow.

I'll keep that in mind for future farms. That doesn't really bother me much because I'm gonna develop that little area pretty soon anyway.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

spring_onions

i started building another farming town to fill up my IR population then....

as you can see, i haven't put any trees or anything to improve the aesthetics of the town to make it look "farmy"....
i'm like a kid in a candy bar when i saw this ...
alas, my hard work is starting to pay off....

bat

Wonderful pictures of the Cam Cities @ all! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: