• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simgoober is arriving in force

Started by BarbyW, August 29, 2007, 10:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Barby, I don't know how you do it.  This is an absolutely incredible thing you've done for the community here.  I can't even begin to imagine the amount of work that went into organizing this whole thing.  I have to second Citynut here--you definitely deserve the LEX Goddess title.   :thumbsup:

-Alex (Tarkus)

Diggis

Quote from: BarbyW on September 01, 2007, 11:17:17 PM
BigSlark: The Entertainment Models pack has been updated. Apologies again.

2 mistakes in howmany packs containing how many lots? You should not be apologising! &apls

northjon79

Awesome news.

Saves me hunting through everything on the STEX for his BATs/LOTs.
"May Gods stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Sober

Oh, now this is just awesome. This is one heck of a project you've got here Barby! Great for people who don't want to hunt down everything SG, or a good way to get people into SC4 by having all of SG's stuff organzed and updated! &apls

Though there are a few things I found while going around with cleanitol -

Residentials:
in the \Simgoober\RLS\Homes folder (using SG's file hierarchy), it seems a few files remain:

• R$3_2x3_SG_Berwick01_8fa9e151.SC4Lot
  • SG_BrownStones.SC4Desc
I went through the cleanitol lists - this 2x3 Berwick isn't listed (but everything else is under that). Not exactly an expert and reading SC4tool, but the dependency scanner shows a 2x3 berwick (R$4_2x3_SG_Berwick_01). I assume this one is actually of a different growth stage (if you updated it). The Brownstones I'm not entirely sure about.

Commercials:
Entertainment:
in the \Simgoober\RLS\MovieTheatres:

• SG_6x4_CenturyMovieTheater_ef8be20b.SC4Lot
the Entertainment_Lots dat file doesn't list a 6x4 century movie theatre according to SC4Tool.

Hotels:
in \Simgoober\Hotels\Ritz Carlton:

• SG_RitzCarlton.dat
the cleanitol grabbed the lot, but not this (it was looking for the SC4model files). I assume everything but the lot is in the .dat file, so that should be included in the cleanitol file. (Downloaded this from the STEX)

Shops:
in \Simgoober\PlopAShop\Pack 4\ folder:

• SG_2x4_PlopAShopsA_0ea6472d.SC4Lot
Can't find it in the new small shop lots dat, although if it was a repeat then there already is a 2x4 in that .dat; the cleanitol doesn't have this file listed though.

Nothing too bothersome for you I hope. :)

BarbyW

I think I shall post a pack of master Cleanitol files separately when all the RCI growables and ploppables are done rather than update the packs on the LEX. It will save bandwidth  :thumbsup:
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Pat

Hey Barby i don't know if anyone else has had this yet but the query for SG Perkins rest grow is not working at all... Just a heads up though.....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Sober

query doesnt seem to work for Borders Books either.

/edit: also, it seems like many of the single-family homes seem to have their capacities bumped up by quite a bit (around seven-fold with some). Was this intentional to have it work better with the CAM?

rickmastfan67

Ok, I have a little problem here with missing a texture on one of the lots.  It's with the SG_CheckCashing lots in the SG_Models_Small_Shops.dat.  Somehow, I'm missing the base texture for it and I've downloaded all of the dependencies listed on the readme that came with the lot download for the small shops.  The texture has the ID of 0x1DA4446A.  Does anybody know who's mega pack that texture might be in?

Thanks in advance for the help.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

BarbyW

The file for that texture is in the
SG Extras
pack on the LEX.
The SC Extras pack has been updated to include some missing queries. The files for these were in the ploppable lots that are still being processed.

Ramona Brie

Barby? If you could just send the Chocolate Boutique model to me or upload it separately, that would help eliminate the final missing thing. (One of your BLS houses has something I'm missing, though. It's a house prop...)

TheTeaCat

Quote from: Tracker on September 03, 2007, 10:20:03 AM
Barby? If you could just send the Chocolate Boutique model to me or upload it separately, that would help eliminate the final missing thing. (One of your BLS houses has something I'm missing, though. It's a house prop...)

This is the file you need tracker as its the same problem I had. SG Commercials Models Medium Stores simgoober

Hope that helps tracker :D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Ramona Brie

Quote from: TheTeaCat on September 03, 2007, 10:56:40 AM
This is the file you need tracker as its the same problem I had. SG Commercials Models Medium Stores simgoober

Hope that helps tracker :D

:satisfied:
TTC
I downloaded that.

TheTeaCat

Quote from: Tracker on September 03, 2007, 12:37:53 PM
I downloaded that.

Ok but did it work? as soon as I reinstalled it and opened up the city there it was in all its glory! Hope the same happened for you  ;)
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

rickmastfan67

Quote from: BarbyW on September 03, 2007, 03:53:15 AM
The file for that texture is in the
SG Extras
pack on the LEX.

&mmm  Well, I already had it download and I had that problem.  But I just re-downloaded and the problem was fixed. :)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Diggis

OK, just to let you know that I have downloaded all of the Goober stuff and he arrived in force all right.

I was doing a quick test (played for maybe 30 mins) and had goobers nuts, sum ting wong, jack knoffs, the tatoo parlour, goobers coverups... you get the idea.  My commerce never looked so great.  Thank you barby.

Ramona Brie

Quote from: Diggis on September 03, 2007, 11:09:54 PM
OK, just to let you know that I have downloaded all of the Goober stuff and he arrived in force all right.

I was doing a quick test (played for maybe 30 mins) and had goobers nuts, sum ting wong, jack knoffs, the tatoo parlour, goobers coverups... you get the idea.  My commerce never looked so great.  Thank you barby.
In a snap, Camelot was making history...for having the first Hooters in SimNation, located right across from Camelot International Airport.

I was noticing the flurry of new SG buildings everywhere, as well as my existing high-rise office buildings saying "CO$$$ Stage ___". (They were CAMeLots, thus the name of my city. I meant it to be beefy enough for CAM.)

snorrelli

Quote from: Sober on September 02, 2007, 12:38:07 PM
Oh, now this is just awesome. This is one heck of a project you've got here Barby! Great for people who don't want to hunt down everything SG, or a good way to get people into SC4 by having all of SG's stuff organzed and updated! &apls

Though there are a few things I found while going around with cleanitol -

Residentials:
in the \Simgoober\RLS\Homes folder (using SG's file hierarchy), it seems a few files remain:

• R$3_2x3_SG_Berwick01_8fa9e151.SC4Lot
  • SG_BrownStones.SC4Desc
I went through the cleanitol lists - this 2x3 Berwick isn't listed (but everything else is under that). Not exactly an expert and reading SC4tool, but the dependency scanner shows a 2x3 berwick (R$4_2x3_SG_Berwick_01). I assume this one is actually of a different growth stage (if you updated it). The Brownstones I'm not entirely sure about.

Commercials:
Entertainment:
in the \Simgoober\RLS\MovieTheatres:

• SG_6x4_CenturyMovieTheater_ef8be20b.SC4Lot
the Entertainment_Lots dat file doesn't list a 6x4 century movie theatre according to SC4Tool.

Hotels:
in \Simgoober\Hotels\Ritz Carlton:

• SG_RitzCarlton.dat
the cleanitol grabbed the lot, but not this (it was looking for the SC4model files). I assume everything but the lot is in the .dat file, so that should be included in the cleanitol file. (Downloaded this from the STEX)

Shops:
in \Simgoober\PlopAShop\Pack 4\ folder:

• SG_2x4_PlopAShopsA_0ea6472d.SC4Lot
Can't find it in the new small shop lots dat, although if it was a repeat then there already is a 2x4 in that .dat; the cleanitol doesn't have this file listed though.

Nothing too bothersome for you I hope. :)

What was the answer to these observations? The files can be safely deleted or not?

EDIT: I should add:

- \Simgoober\RLS\Commercials\MiniGolf\SG_3x3_MiniGolf_afbd4e54.SC4Lot

- \Simgoober\RLS\Offices\ProfessionalCenter\SG_4x4_ProfessionalCenter_af584184.SC4Lot

- \Simgoober\SG_EmbassySuites\SG_Embassy Suites01-0x5ad0e817_0xad4ba465_0x660000.SC4Model
- \Simgoober\SG_EmbassySuites\SG_Embassy Suites_Grow-0x6534284a-0xad4ba465-0x6e178fbb.SC4Desc
- \Simgoober\SG_EmbassySuites\SG_Embassy Suites_Plop-0x6534284a-0xad4ba465-0x6e179086.SC4Desc
- \Simgoober\SG_EmbassySuites\SG_Prop_Billboard1-0x5ad0e817_0xad4ba465_0x680000.SC4Model
- \Simgoober\SG_EmbassySuites\SG_Prop_Billboard1-0x6534284a-0xad4ba465-0xed95ba1d.SC4Desc
- \Simgoober\SG_EmbassySuites\SG_Prop_Billboard2-0x5ad0e817_0xad4ba465_0x670000.SC4Model
- \Simgoober\SG_EmbassySuites\SG_Prop_Billboard2-0x6534284a-0xad4ba465-0x0d95ba31.SC4Desc

- \Simgoober\SG_FairfieldInn\SG_Fairfield Inn-0x5ad0e817_0xad4ba465_0x4a0000.SC4Model
- \Simgoober\SG_FairfieldInn\SG_Fairfield Inn Sign-0x5ad0e817_0xe18ca68_0x30000.SC4Model
- \Simgoober\SG_FairfieldInn\SG_Fairfield Inn Sign-0x6534284a-0xad4ba465-0xce18caa6.SC4Desc
- \Simgoober\SG_FairfieldInn\SG_Fairfield Inn_Grow-0x6534284a-0xad4ba465-0xce18c7f2.SC4Desc
- \Simgoober\SG_FairfieldInn\SG_Fairfield Inn_Plop-0x6534284a-0xad4ba465-0x0e18c822.SC4Desc

- \Simgoober\SG_HamptonInn\SG_Hampton Inn-0x5ad0e817_0xe18fa31_0x30000.SC4Model
- \Simgoober\SG_HamptonInn\SG_Hampton Inn Curb Sign-0x5ad0e817_0xee1928b5_0x30000.SC4Model
- \Simgoober\SG_HamptonInn\SG_Hampton Inn Curb Sign-0x6534284a-0xad4ba465-0xee192990.SC4Desc
- \Simgoober\SG_HamptonInn\SG_Hampton Inn_Grow-0x6534284a-0xad4ba465-0x2e1929c1.SC4Desc
- \Simgoober\SG_HamptonInn\SG_Hampton Inn_Plop-0x6534284a-0xad4ba465-0xee1929f7.SC4Desc

- \Simgoober\MultiPack 2\Jack Knoff\CS$3_3x3_SG_JackKnoffAuto_3245722e.SC4Lot
- \Simgoober\MultiPack 2\Jack Knoff\SG_JackKnoffAutoSales
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

BarbyW

I think one of the problems we have here is that when simgoober updated lots on the STEX some of us didn't get the updates. That is certainly why I gave the individual model and desc instead of SG_RitzCarlton.dat. I did try to download everything from the STEX but at nearly 300 files I may have missed the odd update or two on the way as I already had a particular file. As I said above I think the best solution is to post a set of master Cleanitol files - one each for R,C and I - when I have finished the RCI uploads and incorporate all the files listed by people in this thread. That way I should hopefully cover all bases so please continue to post any left over file names in here.
I would suggest removing the left over files to the same directory as that used by Cleanitol so if there is a problem you can reinstate them. The three hotels in your list, Patrick, were all updated with the loose model and descs in a dat, which are the ones I had, unlike the Ritz Carlton where I had the loose ones - see the problem ;D

snorrelli

I do see the problem... Really emphasizes what an enormous undertaking updating all these lots is!  ::)
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

BarbyW

And also why it is good that people are taking the care to post problems here.