• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your best Terraforming!

Started by Masochist, November 10, 2006, 11:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

jeronij

Hi Rayden  , I liked the pics, specially the first one. This is a very good terrain. Big plains for dense urban areas, lots of water which gives much more flexibility to a region, and also some hilly / mountain areas where to terraform some landscaping. I guess you made it by hand, right ?¿

Great pics amigo  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Rayden

The last one is also good. It doesn't look like but it's big enough and there is a lot of plain to fit quite big cities. The first one is from my latest CJ at ST, Little Italy and it's 5x5 big quads (25 squares) the middle one is a medium square map with 4x3 (all med and small squares) if I'm not mistaken, and the last one is 4x4 big city quads (16 squares).

Thx guys, if any of you would like me to upload them, just let me know. I can use wouanagaine's tools to make them uploadable.

Edit: And yes, they were hand-maded. :)

emilin

Wow! I suck at terraforming myself (well not the small parts, like conforming a shore line, but I couldn't make a decent mountain range if my life depended on it. lol.). You guys are incredible.

And TeaPot: that is really good, but you should get a matching terrain mod to the rock mod your using. Also, I think the beaches would benifit from this. Then it would look truly awesome.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jacqulina

thanks guys,rayden that is an awesome region lovely work my friend

TheTeaCat

Quote from: emilin on December 12, 2006, 12:47:44 PM

And TeaPot: that is really good, but you should get a matching terrain mod to the rock mod your using. Also, I think the beaches would benifit from this. Then it would look truly awesome.

:angrymore:

TeaCAT   

oooooooohhh no tea for you for a while

Re: terrain mod etc had hdd meltdown other day, its taking a while to et all the little bits and piece's back in plugins folder.

Have got some some pics are on the way actually in a little while.
just making Tea then into game grab pics etc
be back to edit very soon.

:satisfied:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

jeronij

Quote from: Rayden on December 12, 2006, 10:52:15 AM
Thx guys, if any of you would like me to upload them, just let me know. I can use wouanagaine's tools to make them uploadable.

I am interested in this option, and cities and regions can be uploaded to the exchange. I still have to decide the rules for this, but I know I want to use Wuoanagaine's tools and formats to allow this  ;) . I´ll have to contact him when I find a minute  ::)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

emilin

Quote from: TheTeaCat on December 12, 2006, 02:25:42 PM
:angrymore:

TeaCAT   

oooooooohhh no tea for you for a while

Re: terrain mod etc had hdd meltdown other day, its taking a while to et all the little bits and piece's back in plugins folder.

Have got some some pics are on the way actually in a little while.
just making Tea then into game grab pics etc
be back to edit very soon.

&ops &ops &ops

Sorry pal, that sucks! Didn't mean to rub it in.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

TheTeaCat

No worries Emilin

Got much happier pc now  &dance

a number of upgrades too. &dance

Well it's christmas and .........for being a good cat this year- no scratches anywhere  :wings:
........I got a bonus at work.  &dance &dance
(enough for 220gig hdd space, 512 graphics and 5.1 sound = very happy Cat. :sunny:

I even had enough to get some Cream  ;D   Hmmmmmmmmmmm)

Anyhow enough chatter

Terrain modd added    hmmm much nicer now.

A few close ups in the region

Pincher's Point as named by fellow members here. Thanks Guys :thumbsup:

Different view   Area to the "left of Pincher's" to be reclaimed at later date.

Others odd shots from around region

All my own work sir ::)

Hope you like the improved look ;D

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

Alfred.Jones

This is looking fantastic TheTeaCat! Keep it up :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

NikNik

Awsome Job TheTeacCat Makes me wonder if I ever get to your level.

Congrats with the December Bonus. Mine is already eaten away by my three kids  &mmm

Nik-Nik

bat

TheTeaCat

jplumbley

Wooohooooo Terraforming....  Nice work everyone!!

Heres a bit of my experimenting with SC4TF...

This mosaic was a test at putting parts of different city tiles together.  All the terrain was hand terraformed using SC4TF.

These following pictures used SC4TF for the hand terraforming the river and banks over a RL recreation of Invermere Valley from Beskhu3pnm.  I used Pegs pond pack for te rivers.

This picture was an experiment at creating land walls with jeronij's walls, using SC4TF to make the terrain, then lower some parts for a wall leaving the rest of the terrain still "randomized" and not flattened by using streets to flatten the land.

"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Alfred.Jones

Great terraforming Jplumbley! That is a very beautiful river :thumbsup: Keep it up mate

Sim City 4 Devotion

beskhu3epnm

I've seen JP's work first hand. It is very meticulous for sure. One time, he spent a week on a really small section of my map. I then forgot I sent it to him.

However, when I saw the results (falls off computer chair). wowza. I realize now that JP has a lot of experience on the terraformer!!

This whole thread looks absolutely amazing. Man I wish I had that kind of talent!!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

jacqulina

awesome work teacat
&apls :thumbsup:excellent work JP :thumbsup:

Rayden

This afternoon I've played a bit with some tools and editors and made a small map (7x7 large quads). You can find it at the File Exchange. Here is 2 images, click the thumbs.

dedgren

You've seen this, of course, if you've been over to my CJ at ST.

This one, though [ linkie ], is the biggest one yet, at 4,096 x 4,096.  It's 1.2mb, and will open in a new window.

It was all terraformed by hand starting with a likewise hand-drawn contour map over the space of about two months.  The region is 16 quads (40mi/64km) by 16 quads.

Enjoy.
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax