• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Custom Flags Request - Anyone looking for a commission?

Started by Schulmanator, February 10, 2007, 12:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Ummm, I have just played around and think I have it....  Never found a tutorial.     &mmm

What I did was...

Open the file in the reader. Along the top is a button saying file info, I clicked this.

this brings up a dialouge box, in here is an edit button and you get the list of numbers.  I changes the instance to the number Geoff gave me.

If someone who knows could tell me if I'm right that would be much appreciated.

jeronij

CLick on the exemplar to select it.
Click the icon File Info
Click Edit
Change the needed values
Click OK
Close that window
Right click om the exemplar and click on reindex
Right click om the exemplar and click on rebuild dir file

I know this is a too quick guide, but I am very short of time now  ::)

I hope this helps

Ooops, I missed the last post.... yes, you are right  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Diggis

Wiked.  It didn't crash my game so I seem to be fine.  Now all I need to do is figure out which lots have it so I can show it off.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Geoff. &apls

M4346

Thank you  very much Geoffhaw, it looks excellent, and yes the shield "jumps around," but it's not the end of the world!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's only on the closest zoom level though, so I would really like it if you'd continue with it.  :thumbsup:

Thank you very much!  &apls &apls
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

geoffhaw

M4346

Wow! Those lots look great!  :D

I particularly like the lot in the lower right corner!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Schulmanator

Those are wonderful! I am very excited! I need to start bulldozing and plopping a bunch of those in Schulmania.

Thanks again!
:thumbsup: &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

snorrelli

Quote from: geoffhaw on February 11, 2007, 01:59:41 PM
@ Diggis - I just saw your email address in your profile, so the flag is on its way.  If you want this one to be your OFMN flag, just change the IID and you should be fine.

@ M4346 - I had a go at just one frame of the animation, and this is what it looks like.  Not too bad I think - the zigzag edge will look better when animated.  If you want me to carry on, let me know.  Also, if you want a simple plop lot like those shown above, let me have the Base Texture IID you want, and I'll change my standard test lot to suit.

Wow - that's pretty damned good! :thumbsup: Great service you provide to the community, Geoff. Keep up the good work..
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

Adriano57

I am not on to be on the good topic but I need help. I explain, I made a flag animated for my city, but I cannot see it in the Lot Editor well that we can see it in the Prop menu . Somebody can it say to me what I would have to do Please ?

geoffhaw

OK, you have the same problem as I did when I started doing the flags! 

The IID coding and the value coding in the ATC file have to be precise.  This is an area which I didn't cover in my tutorial because I didn't understand it at the time.  (I've been meaning to update the tutorial to cover this, but haven't got around to it yet.  I'll try to do this in the next couple of weeks, and upload it here.)

Instead of trying to explain it here, if you want to send me the file (geoffhawksworth@aol.com) I will amend the file and send it back to you. 

Adriano57

I sent you the .FSH file. Thank you very much for your help  :)

geoffhaw

I have amended the file, and taken screenshots from the Reader to show the fields which must agree.  Hopefully the screenshots are self explanitory.  I have allocated the fsh and prop IIDs from my own range. 

geoffhaw

To prove they work, here are the flags on the standard BSC Lots.

Fledder200

wow.....can i ask if someone can do my flag aswel?
or do i have to pm one of you guys??

i have money....if that helps.. ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

Adriano57

I love you geoffhaw !!! I do not know how to thank you then accept my humble thanks. I also greet the effort for French ! Furthermore they are very beautiful ! I am happy. Thank you very much.  &apls

+ 15 for your karma !

bat

That are wonderful flags, geoffhaw! :thumbsup: Great work!

I have also a flag and it would be nice if you could make the LOT and the prop for this...

...here's the official flag of Capporth City:

It would be great if you could make this!!

geoffhaw

Mmmm, that's a bit dramatic.  I'll knock up a test screenshot to see how it looks.  If I go ahead with it, it will take a couple of weeks given what else I've got in the queue.

geoffhaw

bat

Looking nice, but is there a way to make the quality of the picture higher?

geoffhaw

In a word, no.  The pixel size of the FSH file is only 35x19, so that's the best it's going to be.  &mmm