• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Custom Flags Request - Anyone looking for a commission?

Started by Schulmanator, February 10, 2007, 12:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebes

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

joelevan

Somehow it makes sense that Amsterdam would have a XXX flag. :D

socomseal45

Can you make this? the green around the edges should be olive branched, the trees can be whatever you want them, the building in the middle can be whatever you want as long as it has windows, and try to make it level. If you can make it, then thanks. (The photo was made in paint in two minutes, so that is why it is crappy.)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into 
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

bat

QuoteIn a word, no.  The pixel size of the FSH file is only 35x19, so that's the best it's going to be.   &mmm

That's OK, but can you finish it nevertheless (for the lots) ??

Thanks in advance!

geoffhaw

@ sebes - yes the Amsterdam flag is now on the list.  In fact, as it is a recognised national/sub-national flag I'll include it in the BSC Flag Pack 3.

@ socomseal45 - I'm afraid your flag is a bit of a non-starter.  As I said above, the maximum size for a flag ingame is only 35x19 pixels, and your flag when reduced to this size is just a splodge of colour.  See below.  Sorry!

@ bat - ok, I'll continue with this, but it will take a couple of weeks at least.

sebes

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

sarungman

:::=:::=:::=:::=:::=:::

please wait for my return :D
-AsianEvolusioner AKA Sarungman

HabLeUrG

wow nice job geoffhaw on those flags, I made all sovereing state flags, but didnt know how to configure that, If I knew it before i would configure it   &mmm

Frankie

May I request this flag?

It is the First National flag of a fallen nation..And I'd like to see it in game (if it's not any trouble doing so).

Thanks!

-Frankie

EDIT: could it be made a prop? if not, then I will gladly take it like everyone else is..(although I am no good at modding..)

Fledder200

Oh!! :)
May I request this flag !?

it's the National flag of Liaane with the Royal color :)

Thank you!

Fledder!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

geoffhaw

Yes, I am still here, and your post is a perfect example of why you are getting you a bad reputation on this board.

When I made the offer of making flag requests, I was worried that sooner or later someone would take the "I want I want I want" attitude.  I do these flags in my own spare time.  They take on average seven hours to do, and I am not going to spend the equivalent of a full day's work, unless I like what I'm making.  I have lots of other work to do for the BSC that will help and enhance people's enjoyment of the game, without just catering to one off jobs for one person. 

Now, on to the more polite requests.

@ bat and sebes - I've just picked up work on your flags again, although I am making slow progress.  Bear with me!

@  pipishere - Nice flag, I'll put it in the queue.  No promises as to a delivery date though.

@ Frankie - mmm, this one made me smile.  I had a request from Simgoober a couple of years ago to make a Confederate flag, and I started to do the one you requested.  However, it soon became clear that he wanted the Southern Cross one, so I abandoned the Stars and Bars version, and made the SC one instead.  (Released in BSC Flag Pack 1 on the LEX).  I'll attach an image of the test shot from when I started it at the bottom of this post.  As you've requested it, it too goes in the queue.

@ Fledder200 - Sorry, but I just don't like this.  If you want to post a more 'traditional' flag, I'll have a look, but I won't be doing this.

@ sarungman - Just to be clear, I won't be doing this flag.

In view of everything, I've had a think about a policy for requests.  This is what I've come up with:

1 - I am happy to do any real National or Sub-National flags.
2 - I am happy to do any real historical flags.
3 - Any flag requests that fall outside 1 or 2 will have to come from members here who have established Mayor's Diaries.  I put a lot of time into these, with little return.  Those people who take the time to write Mayor's Diaries do the same for the community, and I am willing to return their efforts.
4 - I reserve the right to decline a flag request if I don't like it.  Any subsequent revised requests will of course be considered afresh as long as it falls into 1, 2 or 3 above.
5 - I will deliver to my own schedule, as BSC work comes first.

Hopefully, the above is reasonable and makes sense.

Finally, here is the flag I started earlier...

sebes

Quote from: geoffhaw on April 04, 2007, 10:58:20 AM
Hopefully, the above is reasonable and makes sense.

You make perfectly sense Geoffhaw. Thanks for taking the time to express your thoughts here and staying calm, friendly, and helpfull, as always.....

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

pipishere

geoffhaw, Many thanks for getting back to me. I'm in no hurry for the flag so at you own pace is fine  :)

BTW - I do have a CJ but it's not on SC4Devotion i'm afraid! (Maybe in the future lol) I do hope you don't think any less of my request though! lol.

Thanks.

jeronij

Quote from: pipishere on April 04, 2007, 01:19:01 PM
geoffhaw, Many thanks for getting back to me. I'm in no hurry for the flag so at you own pace is fine  :)

BTW - I do have a CJ but it's not on SC4Devotion i'm afraid! (Maybe in the future lol) I do hope you don't think any less of my request though! lol.

Thanks.

Since Geoffhaw was talking about Mayor Diaries, and not City Journals, I am not sure if your request fits in this thread.... ::)   :D :D

Geoffhaw ?¿  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

pipishere

Quote from: jeronij on April 04, 2007, 01:44:55 PM
Since Geoffhaw was talking about Mayor Diaries, and not City Journals, I am not sure if your request fits in this thread.... ::)   :D :D

Geoffhaw ?¿  ;)

&apls.....and theres me thinking there the same thing!   :D

dedgren

Oh, Fledder, that is so...

so...

so...

...pink.  Yeah, that's it.  Pink!

Sheesh!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

geoffhaw

Frankie

Quote from: geoffhaw on April 04, 2007, 10:58:20 AM

@ Frankie - mmm, this one made me smile.  I had a request from Simgoober a couple of years ago to make a Confederate flag, and I started to do the one you requested.  However, it soon became clear that he wanted the Southern Cross one, so I abandoned the Stars and Bars version, and made the SC one instead.  (Released in BSC Flag Pack 1 on the LEX).  I'll attach an image of the test shot from when I started it at the bottom of this post.  As you've requested it, it too goes in the queue.

;D Well i'm glad it wasn't difficult to make, thanks Geoffhaw:thumbsup: