• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your snow pictures

Started by warszawa, May 14, 2008, 09:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warszawa

Here is a random, cold thread where you show pictures that involve snow; photoshopped or not ;) :).

One of mine :

Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

dedgren

Wow, Alex, I'm surprised nobody's followed up your nice snow pic.  They're a favorite of mine, as well, and are seen frequently in Three Rivers Region.  Here's a few from a little over a year ago that I particularly liked.

I'll look forward to seeing more of yours and all the other great ones I know folks have out there as well.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

bat

Beautiful snow pictures there, David and warszawa!

Pat

Yes defintly agreed there!!! Wonderful snow pics!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Ennedi

Warszawa, you had a very good idea with starting this thread  :thumbsup: And your picture is really nice!
Great shots David! What are these seasonal trees?

I also found a few old snow pics, over a year ago:

And the newer one, made during testing Jeronij's Transparent Ploppable Water:

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Q-Tips

Great winter pictures all of you. And Warszawa, i liked that you managed make it looks like the roofs are covered with snow.

Ennedi

Quote from: Q-Tips on May 15, 2008, 11:56:09 AM
Great winter pictures all of you. And Warszawa, i liked that you managed make it looks like the roofs are covered with snow.

Yes, not only roofs look good, also car tracks on roads are a nice touch. Very creative!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

dedgren

QuoteWhat are these seasonal trees?

Adam (Ennedi), the gray-limbed bare trees in the first pic are Brian's (c.p./cycledogg) aspen seasonals.  The dead-leafed tree in the second is one of his seasonal oaks- I'll look it up and get back with the specific one over the coming weekend.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Masochist

Ennedi, those pictures are amazing!  The freight train over the snow reminds me of Alaska or Russia.  Just a question, though: what's that under the bridge, there (the green/brown thing)?

I've, ahh, got a couple of pictures from days long passed...(only two snow pictures I've ever taken):

(Under Construction)

Ennedi

Masochist, these are Cycledogg's Ploppable Rocks (there are three sets - Brown, Grey and White. This "thing" under the bridge is a tall stack from the Brown set - these stacks look great in water  :))

Your pictures are fantastic, especially the first one with it's fabulous atmosphere  :thumbsup: You are a real artist, Isaac!  &apls
New Horizons Productions

frdrcklim

Masochist, how did your lots blend with the snow  ()what(). I never wanted to build on snow because the lot wouldn't blend with the snow but this might change it for me.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

Masochist

Ennedi - Thanks for both the info and the compliments!  LOL...I wish the second one came out that way, as well.  Unfortunately, the 20-ft.-tall green retaining wall sort of ruins it %wrd (at least it sort of blends in $%Grinno$%).

frdrcklim - That's a well-known Easter Egg in the game.  Whenever your computer says that it's Christmas Day, snow will appear in the game in the higher altitudes.  Just change your computer's calendar to say that it's December 25th, and there you go!
(Under Construction)

Heblem

Masochist: thats a wonderful picture of that town/suburb, I wish to be there  ::) lately is getting too hot where I live :( now by 10 years ago i haven't seen snow in my own home.

This is a CP custom/modified snow terrain mod, do you see the difference?

frdrcklim

Now that you mention it, I did see snow one time in my city before I started downloading. But it was only a small hilltop that was covered with snow. And now that you mention it, I only saw that when it was during the Christmas time. But I only saw it once and I wasn't sure (it was a small blanket of snow). It was a long time ago and I seem to have forgotten. Anyways, I never got a chance to build a city on snow back then.

Yep, I still got it.

bat

Wonderful snow pictures there, @ all! :thumbsup:

frdrcklim

Wow. That's some ski resort. trees give it a nice touch :).

Yep, I still got it.

tag_one

Perfect work Neofita  :thumbsup: I love the details

Terring7

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow :)

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Bill_Chen

My first MD here : The Urban construction diar