• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

choco's attempts at BATing bridges

Started by choco, June 03, 2008, 09:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

Yeah, dual paths on a conventional game bridge... one of those things that has yet to be cracked. However, the ferry obstruction thing with the Tsing Ma may have been solved. As for those unknown properties, I'm not sure what they are myself, but let me know what you find out choco. Great work.
-Matt

Pat

Quote from: choco on March 06, 2009, 04:25:56 AM
i was just testing the model.....its a direct copy of the Medium Road suspension bridge, with the pylon height changed.  its floating because i hid the pillar base soi could render it in 20 minutes rather than 2 hours..... 

you can be sure it wont look like that for long...

but you may have noticed i tend to show more development pics than the final bridgs.....wouldn't wanna ruin the surprise!  ;D

:thumbsup:

LoL Choco I did notice that one!!! Good to see that you really have gotten into the "teasing game"  :thumbsup:

BTW looking better there  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

choco

hey Matt!  nice to hear about the Tsing Ma.....sorry it too so many tries... ??? 

i made dramatic changes to the 'unknown' properties with no visual effect on the bridge, so im a bit more perplexed now.  i noticed they're only contained in any 'grand' suspension bridges.....

Pat, welcome back, and thank you!  :thumbsup: that'll be the last pic till release.....presently finalizing the model with some fairly significant changes.  mainly the pillar base, which isn't going to be a simple rectangle......those are just easy to make for testing (modding anyway....).  oh and a new starter piece......probably the repeat piece too....   :D

KoV Liberty

I heard something about you doing the BATing for th new RHW bridges. If so could you give us a sneak peek of your progress? Otherwise you are doing a super job!  &apls &apls &apls &apls :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

choco

hi Driftmaster07!

there are indeed a couple in the works.....there hasn't been much progress since the pics posted on this page.  there was a small technical issue that took some time to figure out, so I just need some time to finish the BAT.   :)

----------------------------------------

to all:

a graphical glitch in the recently-released Concrete GHSR bridge has been brought to my attention.  the track model is rotated 90 degrees in zoom 5, rotation 2.  this is a single s3d file, and a really small fix.  the patch is attached below. 

also, ebina has created a LHD drive patch for players using that configuration.  you can find it attached to this post.   

KoV Liberty

Cool. Anyways how do you get the RHW 6 in there? It is 2 tiles wide right?  ??? ???

Driftmaster

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Maybe it an overhang....... it that even possible  ()what()
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

io_bg

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on March 14, 2009, 03:01:55 PM
Cool. Anyways how do you get the RHW 6 in there? It is 2 tiles wide right?  ??? ???
Yeah but one if the tiles (with the shoulder) of the RHW 6 is "eye candy". So the bridge is 1 tile wide.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

choco

Quote from: io_bg on March 15, 2009, 02:38:25 PM
Yeah but one if the tiles (with the shoulder) of the RHW 6 is "eye candy". So the bridge is 1 tile wide.
indeed...  :thumbsup:

pic of some upcoming work...NOT imminent, but not too far off.....

;)

choco

double posting is hopefully worth it.....as i do it alot..... ::)

but there was one missing from above (well, the pillar anyway).....

so here is the debut of a GHSR cable stayed bridge......

deathtopumpkins

Oh, wow, choco! I want!  :D Very impressive work man.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Nexis4Jersey

Choco , once again you stun me with these bridges &apls , but i have one question , are you going to put any nightlights on them , because when constructed next to the other bridges they look odd @ night  ???

choco

nightlights would be great, but i dont know how, as of yet.   :(

threestooges

To my knowledge they function the same as night lights on a regular BAT. Just add the prefix nitelite to the name of the lights you add in the BAT. Otherwise, just t21 in some lights (and their corresponding light cones) and it should work.

choco

thanks matt! 

know where to get light props?   ;D  have no clue where to start...... &Thk/(

threestooges

Well, you could do what I did, and harvest the t21 from an existing bridge (I used colyn's Kwanyoni bridge) and just alter the repetitions. Otherwise, it might involve poking around in the LE or the reader to find the file you're looking for.

vershner

Hi there, I was just reading the early parts of this topic. Are you still after a rail texture with no ballast?
I made one a while ago for a custom lot and you're welcome to use it. I'm not certain it'll be what you're after but it pretty much matches Cogeo's description.

Here's the image:

And here's the alpha:

This is a transparent png to show what it looks like combined:

If that is what you're looking for, let me know if you want any others like end pieces or rails only. They only take a few minutes to make.

choco

ahhhh....sweeeeet!

dont know what possessed ya to go back thru this mess of a thread....but im glad you did!  :thumbsup:  thanks for the texture; you can bet it will be used.  if you could donate some free time, I could really use a GLR texture for some upcoming bridges (which were put on hold)......

lemme know....we can discuss some details, and thanks for popping in! :)

vershner

Here you go:

Image & Alpha:

Combined:

choco