• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Olympus City: Evolutions... 8-15-2008: Turning Back the Pendulum: prologue

Started by Filasimo, February 24, 2007, 05:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

More great looking pics.  You might take a look at a couple of the downtown areas- I think you got a repeated "trophy" big building or two that you might want to consider replacing- everything else is pretty much perfect.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

rooker1

Some great pics there.  I second what dedgren says about there being some obvious repeated buildings you may want to replace.  Other than that, I love it. :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Heinz

well, first time here and your md/cj of Olympus City in general. glad im up to par with 3.0. great CBD you have going. will you get to show the supporting areas like suburban and rural as well? would love to see how you do those. til the next update, see you around!

Filasimo

hey guys thanks for all the comments and for the honor of being a classic MD im hoping to come out with an update this week once i finish Lotting the  767 airplanes for the upcoming 767 pack 1...and also to answer some questions and comments

Heinz: im planning on making the rural areas and such around the city once i finish the main city i have some upcoming projects for the city such as the seaport, airport, and naval and military bases, along with the rural areas its a long process which i hope to accomplish since im also now into the world of lotting and also since were planning on making 4 airport 767 packs so yeah so busy i am  :-\

dedgren and rooker: i have on my spare time gone back and killed some of the clones so its not so repetitive...if only there was a way to prevent a building from replicating itself so many times!  :'( i just installed the no maxis building mod so i hope it helps also...

again thanks for the comments and i hope to make an update this week!
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

sebes

Quote from: Filasimo on April 02, 2007, 01:19:14 AMim also now into the world of lotting and also since were planning on making 4 airport 767 packs so yeah so busy i am 

:o   4!?!?!  Cool man  &hlp
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Heinz

wow! those plans are overwhelming, my friend. hope you get to complete them all. olympus has the budget, i hope.  :P see you around!

sEAhAwk fAn121

i cant wait for the new update!!! Olympus looks better than ever.... and i am  :-\ alot to  ()sad()

Filasimo

Well this is a teaser update so hope u guys anticipate when i have a full update ready...i just started playing again since we all finished the 767 livery pack version 1 so i decided to start work on Olympus City's Airport which is called sensou kinenhi international airport (war memorial international airport) its a japanese name honoring the war veterans from the Battle of the Republics that i had going on in my CJ at ST months ago..so paying homage...anyways i have the runways done and am working on the massive taxiway system which is a pain right now so i decided to take a break and design it on paper so i can get a better visual and idea on how to build it... sorry for the dark pic i didnt realize it was already afternoon!  ??? this will be a huge airport when finished so hope u like the teaser!

Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

iamgoingtoeatyou

ohhh! the livery pack is finished?! &apls yay! can't wait to see it on the STEX/Lex! Your airport's runways also look very accurate, Can't wait for the full update!

Heinz

woooooh! cant wait to see the terminals and everything else in action. nice it wasnt dark enough when you took the helicopter to take that shot.  :P see you around!

rooker1

Wow....four runways, I can't wait to see the rest.

Robin ;D
Call me Robin, please.

pilotdaryl

Oh yess.... yeah... now I'm loooking forward to this because you are making a four-runway AIRPORT!!!!! $%Grinno$%

Filasimo

ok guys heres teaser update number 2 hopefully in the next 2-3 days i should have a full update knowing how massive this airport is.....i now have the taxiway system done...took me several hours to do and 5 airport diagrams to look upon....i decided to use the DFW taxiway layout bc it was well designed and it would go well with the 4 runway system i still have some terraforming to do for the terminal area and also some terraforming to do for the runways ive started terraforming the runways area if u noticed on the lower center of the pic and know how crappy my mouse is its going to be a pain to get it how i want it stayed tuned!! also if u have and opinions on how to make it better then i would appreciate it in case u do be accurate with ur advice i felt this was the best possible taxiway system i could do with the 4 runways..... ()stsfd()

Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Heinz

massive! make sure you hire a really really really competent and alert controller at the tower. no1 would want 2 planes running into each other in the runways or taxiways! really huge port my friend. would love to see the finished product

jayo

AMAZING! Can't wait till the other surrounding island are built on!  %confuso
I'm back

Berethor

indeed amazing!!

Im waiting to see the airport finished   :o

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine

rooker1

Wow..this is going to be a huge airport.  Your teasing us too much, just show us the airport already......please.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

oldrogue

Wow, now that is a very SERIOUS airport........will look in often to see the progress...keep up the great work.
Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.

Filasimo

hehehe sorry guys i gotta eyecandy update for ya this time i know u guys are waiting to see the whole airport and the update will come most likely after this one but anyways the eyecandy part is about done for the terrain surround the runway part of the island next i will connect the left side of the runway island with the airport area port of the island and start working on it so expect some early shots of the airport area and dont worry they wont disappoint u....hehe

thanks for all ur comments!!
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

sEAhAwk fAn121

wooooo gt fila looks amazing
im expecting alot of traffic out that airport :P