• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Vale Paulista - Coroados

Started by Tomas Neto, June 04, 2009, 12:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubby420

Geez you are something else! You are the mosaic master my friend.

So much to see in this pic...where to start with the effusive praise... The dirt path along the rail line near the bottom really made the farm scene for me. Its such a nice touch and the way you accented it was oh so perfect. May I ask what that green roofed building with its own pond and various similar small cabins adjoined is? Its a really cool and I'd love to see it my cities. I'm a big fan of how you separated each unique area with rivers which, true to form, are (for the most part) wonderfully detailed. If I may pick a nit though, I did not like the effect under the second bridge. It seems just...off...like all of a sudden there are some giant rocks and rapids for some reason and neither seems to fit the river or landscape. Just a thought. Otherwise another in a long list of stunning updates. Can't wait to see more.

scott1964

FrankU

There is something very funny that I realise while watching your mosaic.

Usually I get annoyed by scaling problems when I build my own cities.
Like every player knows the sizes of the objects in SC4 are not realistically scaled. High rise buildings are way too small, small units like street props and playgrond objects are way too large. This causes often problems when I design my own cities.
When I look around in your mosaic this scale problem does not really irritate, while it obviously is there. You can see at the river: the shrubs and cattails are almost as large as the cars in front of the shops next to the gas station. But still the mosaic is fun to look at, beautiful, stuffed with detail and simply gorgeous. &apls

Maybe I should not bother so much about the scaling problem?

I have, by the way, one criticism: I saw in earlier mosaics that you don't use the wide angled rail road curves. You really should do that. They 'll make your pictures even better.

Nanami

Nice update! Glad to see you around here again.

kwakelaar

Battlecat

Glad to see you're back!  That's another fantastic mosaic! 

Tomas Neto

rooker1
Hey Tomas,
Love this huge mosaic.  I had to go back and look it over a few times.  There so much going on with every square very nicely filled.
Robin
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Robin, thank you my friend!!! Many thaks!!!

io_bg
Great work as always, Tomas, you've a very unique playing style! Looking forward to the next update!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My friend, thanks a lot!!!

canyonjumper
Welcome back Tomas! Wonderful mosaic! I really like the detailing along the river; it's excellent!
Your friend,
Jordan
Hi Jordan, I stayed without appear here a time, but I'm back my friend! Thank you, many thanks!!!

ecoba
Great way to come back, my friend. Horizonte is looking really, really beautiful, Tomas. I especially like the blending of nature in this city.
Ethan
Ethan Thanks a lot, many thanks my friend!!!

marsh
Fantastic Mosaic!! Its Massive!!!   
Where did you get that building with the bright orange roof? It looks very tropical.
Thank you, many many thanks my friend!!!  That building with the bright orange roof I think that it's a hotel. I don't have no more the link, but I'll try find it!

danielcote
Nice work as always.
Hi Daniel, thank you my friend, many thanks!!!

planetechef
What can i say? a another fantastic mosaic, lot of works i guess on this one, awesome. 
Hi my friend, oh yeah..., a lot of work on this mosaic!!! Many thanks, thanks a lot!!! 

cubby420
Geez you are something else! You are the mosaic master my friend.

So much to see in this pic...where to start with the effusive praise... The dirt path along the rail line near the bottom really made the farm scene for me. Its such a nice touch and the way you accented it was oh so perfect. May I ask what that green roofed building with its own pond and various similar small cabins adjoined is? Its a really cool and I'd love to see it my cities. I'm a big fan of how you separated each unique area with rivers which, true to form, are (for the most part) wonderfully detailed. If I may pick a nit though, I did not like the effect under the second bridge. It seems just...off...like all of a sudden there are some giant rocks and rapids for some reason and neither seems to fit the river or landscape. Just a thought. Otherwise another in a long list of stunning updates. Can't wait to see more. 
Thank you my friend, and I agree with you, because I think that I exaggerated a little in the case of river stones. That building is a hospital, and I'll try find the link to you! I'm very glad because you're enjoying of the updates!

scott1964
WOW, looks awesome.
Thanks a lot my friend!!!

FrankU
There is something very funny that I realise while watching your mosaic.

Usually I get annoyed by scaling problems when I build my own cities.
Like every player knows the sizes of the objects in SC4 are not realistically scaled. High rise buildings are way too small, small units like street props and playgrond objects are way too large. This causes often problems when I design my own cities.
When I look around in your mosaic this scale problem does not really irritate, while it obviously is there. You can see at the river: the shrubs and cattails are almost as large as the cars in front of the shops next to the gas station. But still the mosaic is fun to look at, beautiful, stuffed with detail and simply gorgeous.

Maybe I should not bother so much about the scaling problem?

I have, by the way, one criticism: I saw in earlier mosaics that you don't use the wide angled rail road curves. You really should do that. They 'll make your pictures even better.
Hi Franku, thank you my friend!!! Really the problem of scale within the SC4 is something that worries, and I think it's worth trying to minimize this situation when possible. You have reason to worry, and when you can not to turn round the problem, try to forget it. With respect to the railroads I intend to use something that matches more with my cities, but I need to change other things too, but not very soon because my puglins folder is very messy and will take some time to fix it.

Nice update! Glad to see you around here again.
Yeah, I was longing for everyone here!!! Thank you my friend, thanks a lot!!! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

kwakelaar
Wonderful looking update.
Thank you, many many thanks my friend!!!

Battlecat
Glad to see you're back!  That's another fantastic mosaic!   
Thank you my friend!!!

HOLAMBRA

The time passes in the Vale Paulista, and some months later in Holambra we perceive some differences in the landscape. Where once the industries were polluting, by reason of the greed of Menes, now there are new neighborhoods with good planning and paved roads. The rest of the city remains the same as before, with their farms, small houses and dirt roads. But still people continue living in Holambra very happy and with great hopes for the future.

art128

Your mosaic are fantastic, Tomas, and this one is no exception ! I like how the farms are mixed with tall buildings, small houses and heavy transportation networks. I think in some spot you should use the NWM !

Take care,
Não posso esperar para ver a próxima atualização!

-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

adroman

Wonderful, wonderful work!

All those farms, trees and houses look amazing  :thumbsup: Infact, I can't spot a single thing out of place... it all looks wonderful!

Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

canyonjumper

Tomas, another excellent display of your skills! A flawless representation of what SC4 is capable of! Great mosaic, my friend ;D

Your friend,
                                   Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Rady

Very good! I especially like the way you managed to hide the borders of your fields with trees! This is really very natural-lookin'!!
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

jafmo

Very nice colours.
Excelente trabalho amigo. :thumbsup:

citymax

ecoba

Fantastic update, Tomas. Really beautiful way of showing us your city. Can't wait to see more. :)

Ethan

planetechef

great mosaic as always, it's me or each time, they look longer & longer  :P  :D but anyway, i love it  :thumbsup:
& coming soon "Sakura Republic".

kalvar

As always, your work is exceptional, as he likes me Vale Paulista.

VC nao 'e o unico que sigue o trabalho de outro em dois forum.  $%Grinno$%

sumwonyuno

Oh, I've missed your mosaics!   ;)  The excellent quality is still as I remember it!

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Nanami

Tomas Neto

Quote from: marsh on May 13, 2010, 07:26:56 PM
Where did you get that building with the bright orange roof? It looks very tropical  :P
Hi Marsh, I continue seeking the link. I hope to find it!!!

Quote from: cubby420 on May 13, 2010, 07:51:10 PM
May I ask what that green roofed building with its own pond and various similar small cabins adjoined is? Its a really cool and I'd love to see it my cities.
Cubby, the name of the BAT is "CSX_HealthSpa," and I'm also trying to find the link of it. As soon as I get, I publish here for you.

kwakelaar

Again it is a update like you can only find them here in Vale Paulista; colourful, filled with details and the use of bats not seen that often.
Nice work  :)