• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cascadia: A Light in the Pacific (Mar. 1, 2012)

Started by canyonjumper, December 12, 2009, 02:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsh

You do an amazing job at handdrawing that map man! And great History too. :thumbsup:

Nego

Very cool and interesting. :) I like it. You've put so much work into your region, as well as a story line to go with it, making it very entertaining. This is by far the best Mayor Diary I've EVER read! &apls &apls &apls

Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see what else you've got in store!

Battlecat

Nanami

nedalezz

I love historical facts and updates about MDs, and this was certainly a great one :)

kwakelaar

canyonjumper

Ethan (ecoba): One thing I must point out is that this is the future, where anything is possible ;D Thanks for your insight!

marsh: Thanks!

Nego: Thanks! That's one of the best comments I've gotten! Thank you!

Battlecat: Thanks!

976: Thank you!

Nedal (nedalezz): Thanks for the comment!

Gjermund (kwakelaar): Thank you!

Best Of Cascadia (Part I of VI)

This is the first of a set of six, the "Best Of Cascadia". The updates will all be laid out differently, and I will attempt to include a preview of the next update with each one. There will also be the introduction of a storyline soon, when I finish Bonner City. I have my plans ;D. So without any further ado, here is Part One of Six.

T13-01

And the promised sneak-peek of update 21, which will be split into three parts:

T13-02

Yes, I am working on signs now! And that can only mean one thing ;D:

T13-03

Yes! I can BAT now (thanks to alot of help from BuddyBud ;D)

That's all for now, readers! Hope to see you all soon with Part II!

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Nego

That is sooooooooooooooo cool  ;D &apls (sorry for all of the Os). Can't wait to see more!

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Nego

How do you export BATs in HD? ()what() The best export setting there is High. &mmm

kimcar

&apls Glad for you that you can bat. Never enough batter for do stuff  ;D

Kevin1a

Looks good.  I looked back at your last few updates as well, and you seem to have skills with waterfronts.  Maybe I can get some ideas looking through your pictures.  Keep up the good work.

Nanami

canyonjumper

Just a quick announcement:

I have started a second MD on CSGf, Okanagan. It can be found here. It is a narrative, taking place in Cascadia, based on the character of Tyler Jellkey.

ecoba

Well, it is the future, just me not liking Florida as much, too hot!  :D

Great looking signs, Jordan. However, have you thought about looking into HD signs, I know that Ryan BATs HD signs and they look wonderful, as do your diagrams above, however in game it looks rather pixely.

Hope to see some more work from Cascadia soon, and I'll stop by CSG to check out Okanagan.

Ethan  :)

canyonjumper

Nego: Then more you shall have!

RickD: I will absolutely do HD, just have to learn how first ;D

Nego (2): I heard there is a script, an Merijn (tag_one) posted the link in my BAT thread, so I'm gonna try that.

kimcar: Well thank you!

Kevin1a: I hope my work inspires some new stuff from you ;D. I must say though, that the last few updates have been my best.

976: Thanks!

Ethan (ecoba): HD signs, absolutely. I hope you do hop over to Okanagan ;D

Best Of Cascadia (Part II of VI)

Alright! Part Deux ;D Here we go!

And another sign design:

marsh

Amazing wor man. &apls ecept theres a pic inserted wrong inbetween the 5th and 6th pics

RickD

Richmond Mall is great. And your coastal style (last pic) is still awesome.  ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

scott1964

canyonjumper

Quote from: marsh on May 02, 2010, 01:03:00 PM
Amazing wor man. &apls ecept theres a pic inserted wrong inbetween the 5th and 6th pics
Thanks marshy! Fixed ;D

Quote from: RickD on May 02, 2010, 02:45:21 PM
Richmond Mall is great. And your coastal style (last pic) is still awesome.  ;)
Thanks Rick! New coastal pic below ;D

Quote from: scott1964 on May 02, 2010, 08:05:14 PM
Cool houses in Grantville.  :D
Thanks Scott!

Teaser

Just a teaser today, but it's a good one ;D First, A revisit to Hixon, with a zoom 4 mosaic of the whole town. Click the image for full size.

And now, a two new tiles!

First, Qualicum, a village on the east coast of Vancouver Island.

And here's Cultus, a new farming tile just south of Chilliwack.

I have started a spin-off of Cascadia, called Okanagan. It is a narrative, taking place in Cascadia, based on the character of Tyler Jellkey. Here's a sample:

Tyler Jellkey was born in Chilliwack, BC, Cascadia, on February 29th, 1999. He was born into a family of four. His parents were of Welsh descent, and they were a reasonably wealthy family, as they lived in the 'better' part of town. As his parents stared down lovingly at him, he started to cry softly.

Eighteen years later, as Tyler graduated Cheam Regional High School, he had already achieved a scholarship for the University of Northern Cascadia, and enrolled in the Architectural Design courses. His parents missed him at home, but eventually ended up using his room as the home theatre.

After graduating UNC, Tyler went on to be employed with Silver City Architects, as the youngest architect. This CJ is the story of what went on after Tyler started at SCA, and his adventures around the world, designing architectural wonders, eventually earning himself a prestigious award...

But that is for when Tyler has aged a bit more. For now, I think it will suffice if we just take a look at a wonder Tyler has planned for the Town of Grantview...

If you enjoyed this, you can read more here :thumbsup:.

More on Cascadia soon!