• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rayden's Shosaloza (Mount Robson)

Started by Rayden, December 19, 2006, 03:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayden

You're right Alek, the snow wasn't that great this year (20 to 40 cm thick max). Compared to last year where the min thick was 90cm up to 1,50 mts, and most of the time we were off piste carving the soft snow. This year we had to stick with the very few open slopes, but nevertheless, it was great anyway, special the nights ;) Well, I'll write a bit more about this in another thread later. Now for the first big update of my Shosaloza game.

Quote from: NikNik on January 10, 2007, 07:47:04 AM...I wonder how you get from that valley over the mountains...

Nik-Nik

Well Nik-Nik, by tunnel and I didn't had to hide it as the entrance and exit it's on the same tile.

Click to enlarge

A few random shots of the valley

... and here a massive mosaic

And here we start the next city, coming from the valley through that tunnel above and crossing the bridge over the river ...

... we arrive here

... and that's all for tonight. I hope you like it. Next update will be showing a lot more residential and a general view of the area built.

wouanagaine

Nice use of the mediteranean lots

And the railyard seems huge ( is it the one you showcase in the show us your railyard junction ? )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

dedgren

Jeez, Silvio, your farmers must get tired climbing all those hills.

I get tired just looking at them...

...not really- your take on Shosaloza will just have to do until you take the plunge and get one of your great Mayor's Diaries going over here.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Rayden

Quote from: wouanagaine on January 23, 2007, 11:54:56 PM
Nice use of the mediteranean lots

And the railyard seems huge ( is it the one you showcase in the show us your railyard junction ? )

Thanks for the compliments. About the railyard, no, this one is about 1/5 of the size of the other. The other one was from my Little Italy CJ over at Simtropolis. That reminds me that I have to bring it over here, one of these days, hopefully. And also Els Pirineus and New Haven and Sierra Blanca. Gee, I got so many games going on. $%Grinno$%

Btw, nice job with SC4DatPacker, I would say, terrific job mate, you're a life saviour ;)

Quote from: dedgren on January 24, 2007, 01:09:49 AM
Jeez, Silvio, your farmers must get tired climbing all those hills.

I get tired just looking at them...

...not really- your take on Shosaloza will just have to do until you take the plunge and get one of your great Mayor's Diaries going over here.

Later.

David

So, you found me, definitely I can't hide from you $%Grinno$% This Shosaloza it's just a warming up for the new Els Pirineus coming soon and the Little Italy moving to this forum. I'm sure you will love this notice.

Anyway, thanks for finding me David  ;D

NikNik

Great to have you back Silvio!
Pity there was not much snow. You must be a bit upset looking at the current weather forcast in Europe (snow, snow, snow!).

Tunnel:
So the entrance and exit are on the same tile. That is good for you. No inventive and difficult things to do there then!
Nice water rural tower on the second pic.
What's that building with the green roof in the fifth pic?
Those houses in the sixth pic. Very nice slope friendly work! Especially the green roofed one on top of the slope. Very good!
Both Mosaics are great!!  :thumbsup:
That rail yard is a beauty!

Nik-Nik

Rayden

Quote from: NikNik on January 24, 2007, 04:16:42 AM
Great to have you back Silvio!
Pity there was not much snow. You must be a bit upset looking at the current weather forcast in Europe (snow, snow, snow!).

Tunnel:
So the entrance and exit are on the same tile. That is good for you. No inventive and difficult things to do there then!
Nice water rural tower on the second pic.
What's that building with the green roof in the fifth pic?
Those houses in the sixth pic. Very nice slope friendly work! Especially the green roofed one on top of the slope. Very good!
Both Mosaics are great!!  :thumbsup:
That rail yard is a beauty!

Nik-Nik

Mill Water Tower And Pump House by onlyplace4
Complete Rural Set by gshmails

Thx Nik-Nik for the compliments. How's the kids, still watching you playing? ;)

beskhu3epnm

Of course, I have high expectations for this rural experiment.

Yet again, I have been bowled over by the mighty RAYDEN $%#Ninj2. It almost seems too easy for you....

Wish you more snow next year, I had a similar disappointment on a mountaineering trip last year... snow near the summit in July... all week!

Catch you later...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

Wonderful farms and great rail yard!

kwakelaar

Lots of diversity here, very nice. Do you also make your own lots?

mattb325

Lovely mosaics Rayden. I like how you've incorporated Mickebear/Barby's med industrials and farms into the picture. It looks great! :thumbsup:

Rayden

Quote from: beskhu3epnm on January 24, 2007, 05:07:35 AM
Of course, I have high expectations for this rural experiment.

Yet again, I have been bowled over by the mighty RAYDEN $%#Ninj2. It almost seems too easy for you....

Wish you more snow next year, I had a similar disappointment on a mountaineering trip last year... snow near the summit in July... all week!

Catch you later...

You're too kind my friend, but I'm glad you like it. I really hope so too about the snow for next year, otherwise I will have to ask David for some of his snow $%Grinno$%

Quote from: bat on January 24, 2007, 06:27:37 AM
Wonderful farms and great rail yard!

Thx my friend for your visit and compliments. :)

Quote from: kwakelaar on January 24, 2007, 02:05:17 PM
Lots of diversity here, very nice. Do you also make your own lots?

Thanks for your kindness. I do some lotting once in a while, mostly filler lots when I need something specific to fill a gap somewhere.  ;)

Quote from: mattb325 on January 24, 2007, 04:13:42 PM
Lovely mosaics Rayden. I like how you've incorporated Mickebear/Barby's med industrials and farms into the picture. It looks great! :thumbsup:

Thanks mate, I'm really glad everyone's enjoying this.

Now to some more images of my Shosaloza Experiment.

A few random shots ...

... and here's mosaic 1...

... mosaic 2...

... and an overview of the city as it is now.

I'll be back tomorrow with some more.

Goodnight

bat

Wonderful railway! Great city! Fantastic overview!

NikNik

Quote from: Rayden on January 24, 2007, 04:52:14 AMThx Nik-Nik for the compliments. How's the kids, still watching you playing? ;)

Thanks for the links. The one of Onlyplace4 was viewed at first to be one of the wild west series. So I ignored it. Bad for me (I did that too with a beatiful barn that Darmok send me to). The other one I considered as more of the same. How wrong can one be...

Kids are doing great. Still getting frustrated when Daddy wants to play on the PC. Thank God I have another older PC in the basement as it is a bout time the kids have their own PC (the beginning of the end, I know, I know).

Great update (almost didn't notice as I was to entwined in answering your 'kids'question.
Love the mosaics.
Those fences next to the railway. Good thinking, they look very good there.
Those 1x1 playground lots, are they your own work, or did I miss again something?

One thing to nag, third picture. Did you notice theer is a tree in front of the station's parking entrance? Sometimes when using jeronij's street mod you need to plop some streets before you get the right trees at the right places. Come to think of it and looking better at your picturs I do not think you use Jeronij's street mod do you?
Your curfews are very nice!!!

Nik-Nik

Rayden

Quote from: NikNik on January 25, 2007, 06:17:26 AM
...Kids are doing great. Still getting frustrated when Daddy wants to play on the PC. Thank God I have another older PC in the basement as it is a bout time the kids have their own PC (the beginning of the end, I know, I know).

...Those 1x1 playground lots, are they your own work, or did I miss again something?

One thing to nag, third picture. Did you notice theer is a tree in front of the station's parking entrance? Sometimes when using jeronij's street mod you need to plop some streets before you get the right trees at the right places. Come to think of it and looking better at your picturs I do not think you use Jeronij's street mod do you?
Your curfews are very nice!!!

Nik-Nik

I know what you mean, I spent last year 1400 euros on a laptop, so, my daughter could Messenging everyone, without stopping me from playing SC4 $%Grinno$%

No, they're not my work. I'll get you a link later on.

You're being picky, ain't you?  Can't you see that is a security measure from the town council, to put a tree in from of every exit, to avoid people to speed up into the roads and cause accidents?  "$Deal"$  $%Grinno$% Yeah, you're right, Jeronij's and Andreas Roth's street mods don't care if there 's an exit or similar before they place a tree, car space or even some trash in front of them. And you're right, I'm using now Andrea's Street Mod because it doesn't put so many trees on the sides. Maybe Jeronij's could make a second version more light on tree's density, coz I really love his Street Mod.

Anyway, thanks for commenting my work and see ya later my friend. :)

pvarcoe

Nice!
Those are a couple of beautiful mosiacs.
Many details caught my eye, and a couple stand out.
The sidewalk texture you are using looks real good.
I have seen it used elsewhere a few times, but you really make it look good.
The other thing that caught my eye was your use of retaining walls.
I am a big fan of walls, and you have a great balance of not too many, and not too few.

Great update, Thanks for sharing it with us!

Rayden

@Nik-Nik

Here is the link to that playground you asked about. I found it at a Japanese BBS - [linkie]

And here is tonight's update

Click to enlarge

I hope you like it. See ya and g'nite.

Yoder7652

cool...I love the layout of your mining area  &apls
the railyard in the above post is really nice.

dioangel

Wooooho sweet!! Awsome updates!!  ;D

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

bat

fantastic mines! wonderful overview!

sebes

How can we not like this?  You did a fantastic job Rayden!  &apls

Just a question: the last picture of mosaic one is not showing for me. The last weeks I have a lot of pictures not showing up in MD's. Is there anything special to that picture that might cause this?  #?¿?¿?$
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN