• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AK's Custom Content Showcase

Started by Alek King of SC4, January 24, 2007, 06:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beskhu3epnm

Hey brother, I was really digging that region you were doing. It was a monolith in terms of just about everything.... too bad.

How about the Chicago Blackhawks? I've been rooting for them a long time now, and they just can't get it together.

You can't even really say "Next year" because that would be inaccurate. More like, "Next Decade... Maybe"

sigh.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Alek King of SC4

actually you are right technically the hawks have the worst losing percentage, followed by the sox, then the bears then the cubs then the bulls, however the Cubs championship draught is truley historic, the way they tease you and still fail.

glad you liked the region before yeah it was absolutely killer, Large tiles are just too much, with the amount of detail i put in i guess. thanks everyone.

mightygoose

shame about the bowl guys but that first few second touchdown has gotta be a record or summit.... anyway im sure you will bring the kings style to the rural table so i cant wait...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

goin2chicago

i may hate the cubs but i have respect for cubs fans. lol.

i'm courious to see how you do the farms, if they're gonna be like the ones around here (squares or rectangles) or like other ones you see in cj's that are rounded and curving. i can't wait to see how you approach this new region!

Alek King of SC4

you got it dude lotsa squares and rectangles  ;D

thundercrack83

Sorry to hear about the glitch problems you had, but I'm glad you were able to work around it. I can't wait to see what you're working on!

petercintn

That's a weird problem.  Well, hope you don't lose it completely.  Out with the old, in with the new.  Good luck with the new.
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

Alek King of SC4

to clear the air all glitches have been resolved i think i just had way too much on one large tile.  My experiment of having no repeats for commercial skyscrapers was just too much for my computer to handle (only 1gig RAM)  Ashame because it was really coming along nicely.  As stated before i have started a much smaller region, right now just 4x4 large tiles, rural with mountains, i am trying to develope half the map before showing pics, but so far so good.

BourneID

Dude, get yourself a mainbox etc box...  in the next month I will be getting a new PC...  and wont need to 4gigs I have now...  will have to fexEx them to ya....

or you can check out tigerdirect..  they have some pretty good deals...  I picked up two 1 gigs sticks of corsiar GOld edition pc3200 800, for $200

Smile Y'all

rooker1

I can't wait to see the new map. 
I perfer smaller maps, it means the end is always in sight.  And I have a huge problem with getting bored easily and moving to a new map and never finishing.
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

Quote from: Alek King of SC4 on February 07, 2007, 01:25:28 PM
to clear the air all glitches have been resolved i think i just had way too much on one large tile.  My experiment of having no repeats for commercial skyscrapers was just too much for my computer to handle (only 1gig RAM)  Ashame because it was really coming along nicely.  As stated before i have started a much smaller region, right now just 4x4 large tiles, rural with mountains, i am trying to develope half the map before showing pics, but so far so good.

Sorry to hear that your commercial skyscraper experiment didn't work out, but no having any repeats in a big urban area seems like it would be quite cumbersome. But anyway, I'll be waiting to see what you've got in store for us with the new region!

Quote from: rooker1 on February 09, 2007, 07:40:26 AM
I can't wait to see the new map. 
I perfer smaller maps, it means the end is always in sight.  And I have a huge problem with getting bored easily and moving to a new map and never finishing.

I tend to have the same problem. Either I come up with a completely new idea that I want to try, or I run into some unforeseen obstacle and get frustrated.

Masochist

I'm sorry...should've posted in here waaaay earlier than now.  But this'll be something new for me.  A rural AK region...I'm intrigued!  Definately...can't wait for some pictures!  I'm still trying to comprehend that gigantic mosaic...

And yeah, I'm sorry, but a Super Bowl where the high point of the entire game was the very first play...I was disappointed...
(Under Construction)

wouanagaine

Now I know why I have not seen you for some time

You are crazy, a crazy builder, you know it ?

I thought you were only 'big city' master, but I was wrong, and I deeply apologize
( Do not quote that on legend thread, I will deny )

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Antoine

Wow it's crazy !!!! Big screens for big city  :thumbsup:

goin2chicago

insane stuff. reminds me of Joliet and Romeoville and Bolingbrook (were i live, if you've ever been there of to those places". of course without the mountains though. lol. absolutely awesome. can't wait for more!

emilin

I was afraid that you had stopped building, and now you return with this... Magnificent! &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Alek King of SC4

Air6

NikNik

Impressive glacier!
Is the stream ploppable water?

Great small cities!

Hardcore urban. LOL Great stuff. Interesting street mod.

Have fun.

Nik-Nik