• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Prepo's BAT thread

Started by prepo, April 14, 2007, 04:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prepo

Sorry, this set will be Finnish/European..
Maybe my next building could fit in North American cities too? It's based on Stockmann department store in Helsinki.
Real building is such a large complex (fills nowadays the entire block and part of another) so decided to make it smaller, I'll call it "Stickmann" :)

FromTheAshes

These nightlights and texture: Unbelievable  &hlp
Visit Vorsfelde.

Sim Shady

ooh dang that looks good

Krio

You could do the whole Stockmann instead of Stickmann  ;) But why not name it Tukkimies like in Aku Ankka  ;D

Still great job, like a photograph. The newer parts of the Stockmann are very complex and they are expanding it. But could you add that light tower to the roof, the white one which has Stockmann's logo? I like that for some odd reason very much  :)

The Kolme Seppää-statue is awesome, but maybe it could be little smaller?

And finnish: Ajattelin itse batata tämän kokonaisuudessaan, mutta mitä turhia kun teet näin hyvää työtä  :) Itse voisin Helsingin maamerkeistä "luoda" Senaatintorin rakennuksia tai Helsingin kaupungintalon tämän seuraksi. :-\

Zaphod

QuoteMaybe my next building could fit in North American cities too?

Definetely

Looks great, I like the roof

War Kittens !?

mightygoose

thats ok, i didnt say there was anything wrong with the style, it just makes it harder to incorporate them into my region, i was being selish :P
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

sebes

That department store is awesome!  &apls

Just wondering: will these be growable or plops?
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

rooker1

OMG..........OMG........that is awesome.  When availiable for DL it's going in my city, Finnish/European, what ever, it's too good to pass on.
This is one of the best bats I've ever seen. Textures and night lighting is top notch. &apls

Robin   :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Schulmanator

You continue to impress. You will have a heck of a set of buildings to put on the LEX!   &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

toxicpiano

If you need it I made a tutorial of how to convert from gmax to max here:
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=49&threadid=85422&enterthread=y
Stunning work as always mate.
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

bundyzg

Congrats! one of most usefull stex things ever

When will this be downloadable?

i defenetlly need this in my new town?

Vario80

Absolutely fantastic work Prepo!  :thumbsup: This building will fit into every european styled city.  ;)
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

EDGE4194

:o beautiful work! The night lighting is fantastic.  &apls  &dance

jacqulina

wonderfull work the nightlighting is amazing &apls &apls

Schulmanator

This stuff is exactly the coolness I am looking for! Wonderful!!!  :thumbsup:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

prepo

QuoteYou could do the whole Stockmann instead of Stickmann
..too much for gmax and my computer.. &ops

QuoteJust wondering: will these be growable or plops?
Unfortunately only plops are possible.

QuoteWhen will this be downloadable?
Some day I hope.. :) Maybe I now have enough buildings to call this a set..? More details, maybe some scaling, hi-res renders, better lotting, modding are needed before release.. it will take some time.

I've made 5 different footprint models for batters as glenni and bengt requested:

there are 2 different sized corner buildings (1 and 1½ diagonal "tiles" long)
             1 normal diagonal building (1 diagonal tile long)
             2 orthogonal/diagonal corner buildings.
Enough different sizes to start with?

Krio

LEGOs! Thank you prepo for these  &apls

But hey, rename Stickmann to Tukkimies  :D

bundyzg

Quote from: prepo on May 02, 2007, 02:18:28 PM

Some day I hope.. :) Maybe I now have enough buildings to call this a set..? More details, maybe some scaling, hi-res renders, better lotting, modding are needed before release.. it will take some time.

hurry man, i desperetlly need this

kwakelaar

Very nice shape to the Stickman building, this really some wonderful work you are doing here. &apls

mightygoose

nice shapes but di you not miss off the stickmans shape and its mirror....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....